Good news! iOS 11 is now jailbreakable on all devices. Plenty of thanks for Jonathan Levin who is behind the latest jailbreak release. The developer announced an update to the LiberiOS jailbreak that brings support for all iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices that can run iOS 11.0 – 11.1.2 for jail break. Still the process of jailbreaking iOS 11 is a little bit complex because Cydia will not be available as straight forward installation process.
How To jailbreak using LiberiOS Tool
Below are the steps which can help you to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using LiberiOS. Currently, this jailbreak only supports devices running iOS 11.0 – 11.1.2. Cydia is not yet available but it should be soon running on all jailborken devices.
- Download the latest liberiOS jailbreak IPA and Cydia Impactor from our download page.
- Double click to open the Impactor file. Cydia Impactor program will run and you can see the program window.
- Now connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer via original USB cable.
- Select the LiberiOS.IPA file and drag and drop into the Cydia Impactor app.
- Once asked enter your Apple ID and password. This is only useful to sign the IPA, letting it run on your device.
- As a result Cydia Impactor will sign the IPA and install the LiberiOS jailbreak app on your device. After this step is complete you can see a new app icon for LiberiOS app on your SpringBoard.
- Tap LiberiOS app to run and then tap the Jailbreak button.
- The process of LiberiOS 11 jailbreak will start and finish in a while. But you will not see the Cydia app because this jailbreak is giving you access to the root of your device.
- You can now SSH into your device using its IP address, the user ‘root’, and the password ‘alpine’. Once logged in, you should change the root password. In order to get the full binpack, enter the following command:
Update about LiberiOS 11 Jailbreak
- Thanks to Jonathan Levin, Ian Beer and everyone else who had a hand in creating this jailbreak.
- This is a semi-tethered jailbreak. You will need to rerun the LiberiOS app each time you reboot your device.
- Apps installed onto your device using Cydia Impactor and a normal user account will only run for seven days. You will need to reinstall the app after that. Alternatively, find a friend with a developer account. Apps signed with a developer account should run for one year.