iPhone and chronic development teams have released new RedSn0w 0.9.10b3 that can be used to jailbreak iPhone 4. If you are jailbreaking first time this guide is for you and if your iPhone4 is already jailbroken which I am sure is tethered you can just upgrade your tethered to the untethered jailbreak by going to Cydia and searching Corona 5.0.1 untethered and install.
Following are the steps to jailbreak iPhone 4 running iOS 5.0.1.
You can use this tutorial for jailbreaking iPhone4, iPhone 4, iPhone 4 CDMA, iPhone 3GS, iPad1, iPod Touch 4G and iPod Touch 3G
If your device is having old version of iOS please upgrade by going to iTunes, new iOS 5.0.1 can be downloaded in step 1 below:
1. Update your device with iOS 5 / 5.0.1.
2. Download RedSn0w 0.9.10b3 on your computer.
3. You have unzip/extract the RedSn0w downloaded file and open the folder containing the extracted and double click RedSn0w.exe executable file to start jailbreak process:
4. RedSn0w will run and you will see following screen on your computer. Now connect your iDevice with the computer and turn it off by pushing power button and sliding to power off.
5. Now select “Jailbreak and Install Cydia”
6. Now you need to put your device in DFU mode, before pressing the Next button on next screen make sure your device is turned off and plugged into your computer. If you know how to enter DFU mode you cal do it right now without clicking Next and jailbreak will start.
8. Now you have to do the following steps as shown on screen shot. Do whenever these are highlighted while processing.
- Hold Down the Power button for 1 second.
- Without releasing the power button press and hold the Home button (bottom center) for 10 seconds.
- Without releasing the Home button release the power button but keep holding the Home button for 15 seconds.
- Press and hold both Power and Home buttons and count 1-10 normally (even if device is On).
- Release Power button and keep Home button pressed until you see any activty on computer screen. Repeat same if no activity observed.
9. Now you will see next screen to install Cydia select the first option “Install Cydia” and click Next. You can select other options also if you need.
7. After the RedSn0w installation is completed you will get a done message. Congratulations Your device is now jailbroken.
Final Step: Now you need boot your device through redsn0w. Start as in step 6 up to step 8 to execute the RedSn0w. Select the Extras and then Just boot. Put your device in DFU mode and your Device will reboot untethered.
If this tutorial works for you please give comments and share with your friends. Subscribe to our updates for keeping yourself updated on jailbreaking and Apple updates.