Jail break your iOS 5.0.1 Untethered for iPhone 4 GSM/CDMA, iPhone 3GS, iPad1, iPod Touch 4G/3G by following below steps. If your device is already tethered Jailbroken just go to Cydia and search and install Corona 5.0.1. If you want a new jail break follow below 3 easy steps on how to jailbreak.
The new free jail break will be done using RedSn0w 0.9.10b3, and it supports following devices running on iOS 5.0.1:
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad 1
- iPod Touch 4G
- iPod Touch 3G
Before proceeding to the jail break process please note the following important points:
- This jail break is not for iPad 2 and iPhone 4S which will be available soon.
- For jail break of iPhone4S and iPad 2 provide your email below and click Subscribe, so that we can inform you as soon as it is available.
Watch this video before proceeding how to the jail break:
Steps to jail break iOS 5.0.1 over iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
1. Check your ios version go to Settings —> General —-> About and check version if it is not 5.0.1 update your device with iOS 5.0.1 using your itunes.
Click here to download latest iOS.
2. Download RedSn0w 0.9.10b3 on your computer.
3. Unzip/extract the RedSn0w downloaded file and open the folder (see below screen). Double click RedSn0w.exe executable file:
4. RedSn0w will run and you will see following screen on your computer. Now select “Jailbreak and Install Cydia”
5. Now connect your iDevice with the computer and turn it off by pushing power button and sliding to power off.
6. Now you need to put your device in DFU mode, before pressing the Next button on next screen make sure your device is turned off and plugged into your computer.
7. Now you have to do the following steps as shown on screen shot. Do whenever these are highlighted while processing.
- Hold Down the Power button for 1 second.
- Without releasing the power button press and hold the Home button (bottom center) for 10 seconds.
- Without releasing the Home button release the power button but keep holding the Home button for 15 seconds.
- Press and hold both Power and Home buttons and count 1-10 normally (even if device is On).
- Release Power button and keep Home button pressed until you see any activty on computer screen. Repeat same if no activity observed.
9. Now you will see next screen to install Cydia select the first option “Install Cydia” and click Next. You can select other options also if you need and understand them.
7. After the RedSn0w installation is completed you will get a done message. Congratulations Your device is now jail broken. Enjoy the jailbreak and give your comments.
If this tutorial works for you or you have errors please give comments I shall try to answer immediately.
Subscribe to our updates for keeping yourself updated on jailbreaking and Apple updates.
Tags: jail break, jailbreak how to, jailbreak and, jailbroken