As I mentioned in one of my previous post that the Apple has released an update to fix the Flashbakc trojan problem. So it is recommended to update your Mac. Even though if you want to check whether your Mac is still infected by Flashback trojan or not just follow below steps:
- Run the Terminal app on your Mac either by selecting it from the Applications folder or pressing CMD + Space and searching for Terminal. Type the following command into the terminal app: defaults read /Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Info LSEnvironment
- Terminal will return information back to you based on the entered text. Make a note of the value DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES
- If Terminal returns an error similar to “The domain/default pair of (/Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Info, LSEnvironment) does not exist” then check out the next step below.
- If the command in step 2 produced an error message then enter the following command directly into the Terminal app: defaults read ~/.MacOSX/environment DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES
- If any results are returned then take note of them. If Terminal produces an error similar to “The domain/default pair of (/Users/paul/.MacOSX/environment, DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES) does not exist” then it means you are not affected by Flashbakc Trojan.
- If running the commands listed in step 2 or step 5 produce any variant of the ‘does not exist’ error message then it means your Mac is not affected. However, if the commands actually return any results then head on over to the F-Secure information page in order to find out how to get rid of this malware.