WWDC 15 has already started and Apple has announced iOS 9 which was most anticipated and big revelation of the day.
iOS 9 makes the entire operating system smarter, enhances the apps you use most, and integrates with iPad in remarkable ways.
Below is the list of few things that are new in iOS 9.
- Siri is up to 40% faster and 40% more accurate.
- Now there are even more topics you can ask Siri about.
- Your device can now anticipate what you want to do next based on your location, the time, what app you have open, or what you’re connected to. For example, plug in your headphones or connect to your car, and iPhone can suggest a recent playlist or audiobook.
- If you add a location to an event in Calendar, iPhone will suggest when you should leave.
- With iOS 9, you can search for more — including sports schedules, Netflix movies, and information inside apps.
- When you grab your iPhone in the morning, it can suggest apps to open based on your daily routines.
- If you want to be reminded of something you saw in Safari, your device can remind you to read that page.
- Notes app is redesigned to do much more. It lets you add a checklist of to-do items in Notes with just a tap. Access your camera from Notes to add a photo. And even use your finger to add a sketch. You can add content from Safari, Maps, and other apps directly to your notes. Notes will be available on Mac, iPad, and iPhone.
- A new Transit view in Maps includes directions for public transportation like buses, trains, subways, and ferries. Initially will launch in 10 major cities across the world and 300 cities across China.
- Apple has introduced a new News app that includes a curated selection of articles based on your interests.
- New Shortcut Bar makes writing on iPhone and iPad even simpler.
- Switching between apps has been redesigned.