Good news TaiG Team has released the jailbreak for iOS 8.3 which also covers iOS 8.1.3. The latest version is aiG Jailbreak V2.0.0 which supports iOS 8.1.3-iOS 8.3 untethered jailbreak for 8.3.
If you are having older version i.e. 8.1.3 or 8.2 it is recommended to update to 8.3 because iOS 8.3 jailbreak is relatively stable from other versions. So we strongly recommend you to update your device to iOS 8.3 with TaiG Pro before jailbreak 8.3.
At the moment the tool to jailbreak 8.3 is released for Windows and if you are willing to do it using a Mac computer you can use virtual machine like VMWare Fusion to jailbreak 8.3 using Mac Computer.
How To Jailbreak iOS 8.3 Untethered Using TaiG
- Download TaiG 2.0 from a dedicated TaiG 8.3 Download page.
- Now extract the zip file before starting the 8.3 jailbreak process disable Find My iPhone and Passcode lock on your iPhone iPad or iPod Touch.
- Connect your idevice to the Windows computer and your iTunes will confirm the connection.
- We recommend to use iTunes 12.1 in order to avoid TaiG error of 20% progress level freeze. We suggest to visit IPSW.me for iTunes downgrades.
- Now execute the TaiG 2.0 iOS 8.3 jailbreak tool.
- It will show your device is connected with its compatibility as well.
- On the TaiG options screen uncheck the 3K assistant while keeping Cydia selected or checked. Now Click Start to put on progress the jailbreak process.
- You will see the progress and if there is no TaiG error the process of 8.3 jailbreak will complete smoothly. Meanwhile uf you see storage full errors, just ignore those because this will be addressed once you run Cydia on your device.
- After completion of jailbreak process now run the Cydia on your idevice and let it complete the loading process first time and enjoy!
TaiG Team Guidelines For Jailbreaking 8.3 or 8.1.3 etc
1. Since Cydia Substrate (Mobile Substrate) is not compatible of iOS 8.2,8.3, some plug-ins are not available after the jailbreak. Please wait patiently for its update. For the latest information, please follow@taig_jailbreak on Twitter or install 3K Assistant.
2. Because of the unique characteristics of jailbreak, please backup your data before jailbreak. Backup Tutorial
3. Please turn off passcode and Find My iPhone before jailbreaking.
4. If there is a warning of “Storage Almost Full”, please run Cydia.
5. If jailbreak failed, turn off WIFI and try again. If failed again, please use TaiG Pro to restore and try to jailbreak again.
6. TaiG Jailbreak V2.0.0 supports iOS 8.1.3-iOS 8.3 untethered jailbreak. Currently iOS 8.3 is relatively stable. So we strongly recommend you to update your device to iOS 8.3 with TaiG Pro before jailbreak.