Many times you may face the error message that your Android device is not compatible or certified for certain apps which you wanted to install. This is frustrating specially when you purchased a new Android phone or tablet and anxious to install some basic apps like Skype, Yahoo and FacBook etc. Here I am giving the tweak which you can check if it works for your device or not.
- First of all clear data from Settings > Applications > All > Market
- Download and install ES File Explorer by clicking this link: ES File Explorer
- Launch ES File Explorer.
- Go to Settings > Root Settings and enable both Root Explorer and Mount File System.
- Browse to /system. Here you will find the build.prop file which we are going to modify.
- Take a backup of build.prop by copying and pasting it to your SD card also note down the lines which we will edit in next steps.
7. Tap on build.prop > ES Note Editor. Now you have to make the changes to these two lines:
8. Change the above line as with below lines:
- ro.product.model = Nexus S
- ro.product.manufacturer = samsung
Note: You can actually change this for any other device as well, by the way. We chose the Nexus S because it is the most supported phone.
9. You have almost done, after editing hit the menu button and tap Save.
Try to install the new app which was not compatible before this tweak.