If you have tried the iOS 9 beta version which is currently available for developers and thousands of people have installed iOS 9 using UDID and developer accounts. Now is the time to downgrade from iOS 9 because most of us are now want a stable version again as soon as possible. Below we have given the instructions on how to downgrade iOS 9 Beta to iOS 8. As titled right now you can downgrade to 8.3 which is current version Apple is signing.
You can also use the below procedure for downgrading the any latest iOS version which at the time Apple is signing.
How To Downgrade iOS 9 to iOS 8
- You have to download iOS 8.3 or 8.4 firmware files from these links for iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad. Save the file on your desktop or any other suitable location.
- Run the iTunes program which should be the latest version.
- Connect your iPhone, iPod or iPad running iOS 9.0 Beta to your computer and put your device in recovery mode by pressing and holding both power and home button together until your device turns off and turns on again as soon as you see Apple logo release power button and keep holding home button. You will see iTunes & USB logo and on iPhone screen also you will see the message in iTunes that an iPhone in recovery mode is detected. Release home button and now go to the nest step for starting the process of iPhone 9 downgrading.
- Make sure your computer is connected to WiFi network and on the iTunes window, the easy way of restoring is to just click the Restore iPhone button because iTunes will automatically download firmware and install.
- Alternatively Hold down the Alt/Option key on Mac or Shift button in Windows and click the Restore iPhone… button. Computer will ask to select the ipsw firmware file. Just select already downloaded file and let the process complete.
- When asked restore confirmation just click “Restore”
- Now just relaxed and wait until the process is completed and you receive the message that iOS 8.3 restored successfully.
- Some users may face error 14 during iOS 9 downgrading, don’t worry just try the steps again making sure your internet connection is up all the time and don’t use downloaded file instead let iTunes restore from the server.