The checkra1n jailbreak for iOS has been updated with some significant improvements and bug fixes.
Most notably, the loading mechanism for substrate has been completely rewritten for improved stability.
● Fixes an issue where biometrics did not work for some users
● Fixes an issue where the touch screen became unresponsive for some users
● Fixes an issue where the loader app may not have appeared on the homescreen
● Fixes an issue where the iPad Smart Keyboard did not work
● Fixes an issue where the fast charging functionality did not work on some devices
● Fixes an issue where the taptic engine did not work on some devices
● Fixes an issue where battery settings did not load for some users
● Detect a case where the user may have an OTA update downloaded, which caused issues for some users
● The loading mechanism for substrate has been rewritten from the ground up in this beta to improve the stability of the device.
The checkra1n jailbreak supports most devices between the iPhone 5s and iPhone X running iOS 12.3 and higher.
You can download checkra1n beta 0.9.3 from here or at the link below:
These are instructions on how to jailbreak your iPhone using checkra1n.
The checkra1n jailbreak is based on a permanent unpatchable bootrom exploit developed by axi0mX called checkm8. The jailbreak was released by Luca Todesco with help from other developers listed below.
Currently, checkra1n beta supports jailbreaking iOS 12.3 and higher on all devices released between the iPhone 5s and iPhone X, excluding the iPad Air 2, iPad 5th Gen, and iPad Pro 1st Gen. Support for the iPhone 5s, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, and iPad Air is experimental.
For now, you’ll need a Mac to jailbreak but Windows and Linux applications are under development.
How to Jailbreak Your iPhone Using Checkra1n
Download the latest checkra1n application from here.
Double click the downloaded DMG file to extract it then drag the checkra1n icon onto the Applications folder icon.
Open your Applications folder, then right-click or control-click the checkra1n app and choose Open from the contextual menu.
You’ll now be guided to put your device into DFU Mode. This procedure is as follows:
1. Hold the Side button until your screen goes black then release.
2. Hold the Side button and Volume Down button for 5 seconds.
3. Release the Side button and continue holding the Volume Down button until your computer lets you know you are in recovery mode. Your screen will remain black.
Click Start to begin the procedure.
Checkra1n will now jailbreak your device, rebooting it in the process.
Launch the new checkra1n app on your SpringBoard, select Cydia, then press the large Install Cydia button that appears.
A big thanks goes out to qwertyoruiopz, axi0mX, argp, danyl831, kirb, littlelailo, nitoTV, nullpixel, pimskeks, sbingner, siguza, and all the others that made this jailbreak possible!