May 25, 2013 By Muz Khan
Be Sociable and Click the +Button ==>>
Cydia not opening after I reboot iphone! this is very common and it happens almost with all people who jailbreak their iphones. The Cydia problem can be observed in different conditions i.e. when you have jailbroken idevice with working Cydia previously or a new jailbreak is done. Mostly problem happens when people are having tethered jailbreak and their device is rebooted, in that case many people don’t know that they have tethered jailbreak. Also in the case of tethered jailbreak both Cydia and Safari don’t work.
Cydia not opening after reboot iphone – Tethered Jailbreak
So you must first of all check whether you have a tethered jailbreak or not. If you have jailbroken ios 5.1 then it will be a tethered jailbreak and each time you will need to boot tethered using redsn0w via your computer so that Cydia and Safari will open smoothly, and as a best option you can upgrade to 5.1.1 or 6.1.2 and jailbreak using Absinthe or evasi0n.
For jailborken devices also if you have ios 6.1.3 jailbroken which is only possible for iPhone 4, 3gs or ipod touch 4g then again if you reboot you need to boot tethered otherwise you will face same problem of Cydia not opening after reboot and Safari will also crash when you start it.
In above cases if you observe that even you have boot tethered and your device is still not running Cydia it means you need to re jailbreak and I recommend to upgrade to ios 6.1.2 for a smooth evsai0n jailbreak experience.
Cydia not opening after reboot iphone – Untethered
On the other hand if this problem of Cydia not working becomes on an untethered jailbroken device then a simple solution is to reboot your device for which I suggest to press and hold both power and home buttons until your idevice turns off and then turn on again just release both buttons once you see Apple icon on the screen, this reboot will solve the problem surely.
April 4, 2012 By Muz Khan
Be Sociable and Click the +Button ==>>
“After 5.1 jailbreak of my iPhone when I run Cydia or Safari it is not loading “ this is the error many people are facing after jailbreak 5.1 on iphone 4, iPad or iPod touch. This is normal behaviour and understood since the latest 5.1 jailbreak is tethered that means one needs to boot tethered his device after jailbreak and for rebooting every time.
But what about my iPhone 4 baseband 04-11-08 on iOS 5.0.1 (9A405) with untethered Corona/RedSn0w jailbreak showing the same problem. Yesterday I observed abnormal heating of my iPhone so I immediately turned it off for few minutes and I was shocked when I turned it on again and tried to run the Safari and it was not working then I checked Cydia and it was also not working (I am 100% sure that my jailbreak is untetherd 5.0.1 jailbreak).
So this can happen with any body therefore no need to worry just follow below steps and your device will work smoothly. You have to just boot tethered and your device will become normal.
- Download the RedSn0w 0.9.10b5 or 0.9.10b6 by clicking Here
- Extract the file in some folder and open the folder and buoble click the RedSn0w.exe file to run the jailbreak program.
- Select Extras and then Boot tethered.
- Connect your device to your computer and turn it off.
- Click Next and follow screeninstructions to put your device in DFU mode (Press and hold power button for 2 seconds and while keeping it pressed also press and hold Home button for 10 seconds and now release Power button but keep holding the Home button for 13 seconds until you see some activity on computer screen (RedSn0w window)).
- After some activity on computer screen your device will restart and you will see the RedSn0w icon on your device screen wait until it turn on normally.
- Now you can use Safari and Cydia normally.
Note: Please check your Email After clicking Join.