April 25, 2012 By Muz Khan
Be Sociable and Click the +Button ==>>
Although there has been SAM unlock released recently that is working for all idevices and Basebands (as claimed). Still if you need to use alternate iphone 4 unlock method there is the latest release of R-SIM 4 from R-Sim Dev team that works with 04.11.08 and other basebands.
If you need a free unlock you can check this guide on How to unlock with SAM module.
Below I have given few simple steps that you can follow to unlock iPhone using R-SIM 4 unlock.
It is also recommended to install latest Furious Mod file by adding and installing the repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/Squuiid/ that will help to easily complete the unlock process.
Following are compatible Basebands for R-Sim 4 unlock and it supports iOS 4.1 to 5.1:
Note: As in most cases activation is required for the locked iPhone, the R-SIM IV card is only able to operate in one carrier mode which is set at AT&T by default. In addition the R-SIM 4 has settings for 26 Carriers. Also other Carriers can be set via GET Carrier Code & EDIT IMSI to activate. Go to Sim card application menu and tap Select Carrier and follow the screen selections.
Below are the steps for R-Sim 4 Unlock For jailbroken iPhone 4
- Enter R-Sim 4 with your Sim card into your iPhone and turn it on.
- Connect your iPhone by iTools and iFunbox software and go to Files Managementand find this string: var/root/library/lockdown/
- Erase all files in the lockdown and turn your iPhone off.
- Turn your iPhone on and connect to your computer and launch iTunes and activate.
- After successful activation, erase all files in: var/root/library/lockdown/ using iTools or iFunbox.
- Turn iPhone off and take out R-Sim 4 card and insert only your Sim card.
- Turn iPhone on. Launch iTunes and activate it.
- If it shows something Wrong. Disconnect iPhone from PC and close iTunes. Open iTunes again and connect iPhone again to activate it. Try this again and again. Until you see your phone activated and now it is unlocked by R-Sim 4.
Below are the steps for R-Sim 4 Unlock if iPhone 4 is not jailbroken
- Enter R-Sim 4 and your Sim card into the iPhone.
- Go to Settings => Genaral => Reset => Return to the original condition => wipe out all the contents and settings.
- Connect you iPhone 4 to the computer, launch iTunes to activate it and turn iPhone off.
- Take R-Sim 4 out and put in the phone original Sim card and repeat Step 2.
- Connect to iTunes to activate it. When it shows Wrong, disconnect from iTunes and close it.
- Launch iTunes again and connect iPhone for activation, repeat until your iphone is activated
R-Sim 4 is available here for $19.99.