Below is the step wise guide on how to jailbreak ios 5.1 semitethered. Please note that this jailbreak for ios 5.1. is not compatible with iPhone 4S, ipad 2 and the new ipad that was released yesterday. If you want to jailbreak ios 5 on iphone 4S and iPad2/3 it is recommended that you keep on existing iOS 5.0.1 and refrain from updating to ios 5.1. You can jailbreak 5.0.1 using Absinthe for iPhone 4S and iPad 2. The jailbreak which you will get by following procedure is semi-tethered which means you have to apply the last steps every time you need to restart your device. Similarly if you need to unlock or you already have unlocked your device it is better to not update to ios 5.1.
For Absinthe Jailbreak Click Here to go to Absinthe section.
Other iOS 5.1 / iOS 5.0.1 Tutorials:
Following are the steps on How To Jailbreak 5.1
Step 1: Download latest version of RedSn0w 0.9.10b6 by clicking below links:
Step 2: Extract the zip file and run the RedSn0w.exe file to start the redsn0w jailbreak process.
Step 3: There are two buttons “Extras” and “Jailbreak”, click Jailbreak to jailbreak and install Cydia
Step 4: Follow the instructions given on Next screen and put your iPhone/iPod Touch in DFU mode. Press Next.
Step 5: Follow the screen instructions to put your device in DFU mode. RedSn0w will detect iPhone and start installation of jailbreak and select “Install Cydia” when asked. (If this process does not start you can follow steps to put your device in DFU mode as instructed by clicking Next in previous step again). Close RedSn0w.
Step 6: Boot Tethered your iphone or iPod touch 4g: Restart RedSn0w by double clicking the RedSn0w.exe file.
Go to Extra option and click “Just Boot”
Your iDevice will restart and now it is jailbroken tethered.
Note: This is a tethered jailbreak and if you need to reboot your iphone you need to do step 6 each time therefore you need computer to reboot your iPod touch 4g.
If this ios 5.1 jailbreak is not working for you, you can try Sn0wbreeze ios 5.1 jailbreak software by visiting How to jailbreak ios 5.1 using SnowBreeze
Posted in Cydia, How to, iOS, ios 5.1.0, Jailbreak, Untethered 5.0.1 Tagged with: 3g, 3gs, 5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.1 jailbreak, 5.1, 5.1 jailbreak, 5.1 jailbreak download, 5.1 jailbreak untethered, 5.1 untethered, 5.1 untethered jailbreak, Absinthe, distance learning, how to jailbreak 5.1, how to jailbreak iphone 4 5.1 untethered, how to jailbreak iphone 4s 5.1, ios 5, ios 5 jailbreak, ios 5 untethered jailbreak, ios 5.0, iOS 5.0.1, ios 5.0.1 jailbreak, ios 5.1 jailbreak, ios 5.1 jailbreak download, ios 5.1 jailbreak untethered, ios 5.1 jailbreak untethered iphone 4, ios 5.1 untethered jailbreak, ios 5.1 untethered jailbreak iphone 4s, ios 5.1 untethered jailbreak redsn0w, ios 5.1jailbreak, iOS untethered, ios5.1 jailbreak, ipad, ipad 2 absinthe, ipad 5.1 jailbreak, ipad jailbreak, ipad jailbreak 5.1, iPhone, iphone 4 5.1 jailbreak, iphone 4 5.1 untethered jailbreak, iphone 4 ios 5.1 jailbreak, iphone 4 jailbreak 5.0.1, iphone 4 jailbreak 5.1, iphone 4s 5.1 jailbreak, iphone 4s ios 5.1 jailbreak, iphone 4s ipad 2, iphone 4s jailbreak 5.1, iphone 5.1 jailbreak, iphone jailbreak 5.0.1, iphone jailbreak 5.1, iPhone4, iPhone4S, iPhone4s jailbreak, ipod touch, jail brake, jail break, jail break iphone4, jail breake, jailbrake, jailbreak, jailbreak 5, jailbreak 5.0, jailbreak 5.0.1, jailbreak 5.1, jailbreak 5.1 iphone 4, jailbreak 5.1 ipod touch 4g, jailbreak 5.1 untethered, jailbreak 5.1 untethered iphone 4, jailbreak for 5.1, jailbreak for ios 5.1, jailbreak ios 5, jailbreak ios 5 untethered, Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1, jailbreak ios 5.1, jailbreak ios 5.1 ipad 2, jailbreak ios 5.1 untethered, jailbreak ios 5.1 untethered iphone 4, jailbreak ios5.1, jailbreak ipad 2 ios 5.1, jailbreak ipad 2 ios 5.1 untethered, jailbreak ipad 5.1, jailbreak iphone 3gs 5.1, jailbreak iphone 4 5.0.1, jailbreak iphone 4 5.1, jailbreak iphone 4 5.1 untethered, jailbreak iphone 4s 5.1, jailbreak iphone 4s 5.1 untethered, jailbreak iphone 4s ios 5.1, jailbreak iphone 5.1, jailbreak ipod 5.1, jailbreak ipod touch 4g 5.1, jailbreak ipod touch 5.0.1, jailbreak ipod touch 5.1, jailbreak nation, jailbreakme, jailbreakme 5.0.1, jailbreakme ios 5, jailbreakme.com 5.0.1, jailbreaknation, masters degree, red snow, RedSn0w, redsnow, redsnow 5.1 download, un tethered, untethered, untethered jailbreak 5.1, untethered jailbreak for iPhone4, untethered jailbreak ios 5, untethered jailbreak ios 5.1, untethered jailbreak ios 5.1 iphone 4, www.jailbreakme.com 5.0.1
Download redsn0w 0.9.10b5 free latest jailbreak version that has been released recently which is Redsn0w 0.9.10b5 untethered . If you were having some unexpected error doing jailbreak previously you can try this updated redsn0w 0.9.10b5. Remember you can jailbreak ios 5.0.1 untethered using redsnow on following devices.
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad 1
- iPod Touch 4G
- iPod Touch 3G
Free Download links for redsn0w are as under:
Download RedSn0w 0.9.10b5 for Mac
If you want to jailbreak iPhone 4S or iPad 2 you can jailbreak using Absinthe. Click here to find ” How to jailbreak iphone 4s and ipad 2 using Absinthe “
Posted in jailbrake, Jailbreak, RedSn0w, Untethered 5.0.1 Tagged with: 0.9.10b5, Download RedSn0w 0.9.10b5 free jailbreak, jb, red snow, redsnow, redsnow jailbreak
While pod2G is working hard to bring untethered iOS jailbreak for 5.1.0, RedSn0w 0.9.9b9b can be downloaded which can jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 and includes support for APTickets. This latest version of RedSn0w is tethered jailbreak like previous one.
According to official iPhone Dev Team blog RedSn0w 0.9.9b9 update adds the following:
- Native support for 5.0.1 which means no need to point redsn0w at 5.0 IPSW or use command-line args. Support is automatically extended to all of redsn0w’s various functions: “Jailbreak”, “Just boot”, “Fetch blobs”, “Stitch blobs”, “Recovery Fix”
- iBooks fixed in 5.0 and 5.0.1. This is a targeted fix that doesn’t remove entire sandbox mechanism. 5.x users already using redsn0w “Just Boot” can just use the new version without redoing entire jailbreak again
- 3GS old-bootrom owners can now create custom IPSWs without blobs
- ultrasn0w compatability update (i.e. same baseband requirements) for 5.0.1 will be available on Cydia Monday
- support for newer 8GB iPhone4 (which until now had problems with “Fetch blobs”). Thanks to @JKjeepnJeff for loaning us one of these newer i4 units for testing!
- allows Windows users (not just OS X users) to use the “Custom” button to create IPSWs without baseband updates. (Update: please wait for 0.9.9b9b for this!)
- accommodates APTickets in 5.x (until next Apple countermove). APTickets are crypto-verified before submitting to Cydia, just like the main blobs. Cydia server support for sending back the APTickets is upcoming. For now, use stitched IPSWs for 5.x. Due to APTickets, stitched 5.x IPSWs now require user to start in “Pwned DFU” mode
- Support added for stitching 4.x blobs to iPad2-GSM IPSWs. Similar to @notcom’s TinyCFW but doesn’t require lots of RAM or a TSS-assisted restore. Won’t work for iPad2 5.x blobs (or iPhone4S at all) until a bootrom-level exploit is out
- top line now shows whether (and where) a redsn0w update is available, or if the version being run is the latest. Uses DNS TXT record to alleviate any concerns about snooping
- no 5.1 beta support at this time (major apps like Cydia are not yet compatible)
- @pod2g has been doing a great job porting his 5.x untether…check his blog for updates!
- Owners of newer 3GS iPhones must not flash the iPad baseband. The iPad baseband will not work on 3GS iPhones built later than 2011 week 35. You have a week 35 or later device if your serial # starts with xx135.
Update #17b: Version 0.9.9b9b enables the “Custom” button for Windows users, and make the 3GS week 35 warning a more explicit part of the process.
Update #17c: For those Windows users encountering launch errors due to the self-update check, please use this version instead for now:
Download Links are given below:
Redsn0w 0.9.9b9b for Windows
Redsn0w 0.9.9b9b for Mac
Posted in Jailbreak, Jailbreak Downloads, RedSn0w Tagged with: beta, Downloads, iOS 5.0.1, iphone dev team, jailbreak, new features, red snow, RedSn0w, redsnow 0.9.9b9b