November 12, 2012 By Muz Khan
Sn0wbreeze is an alternatives jailbreak tool that you can use to jailbreak you device instead of using typical Redsn0w jailbreak tool. The snowbreeze jailbreak works in the same way only it is a little different in way of installation i.e as compared to Redsn0w that installs a payload on your device and snowbreeze constructs the custom ipsw while jailbreaking your device. The custom ipsw that is generated by jailbreaking using s0wbreeze can be used later for downgrading and restoring your device’s baseband.
The latest update was announced today by iH8Sn0w giving the sn0wbreeze 2.9.7 that is compatible to jailbreake iPhone 3GS and A4 devices on iOS 6.0.1.
If you want to jailbreak 6.0.1 using snowbreeze you can check my old tutorial on How To Jailbreak Using SnowBreeze, just follow the steps but use the latest version of snowbreeze.
What is New?
● Added 6.0 (10A403)/6.0.1 (10A523) support. (Only includes iPhone 3GS & A4 devices).
● The 6.0/6.0.1 is currently a tethered based jailbreak via iBooty (except for iPhone 3GS old bootrom users).
● SAM is built-in for iOS 6 hacktivations. (Hacktivated phones can reboot to a semi-tethered state after being activated [rather than just hang at the Apple Logo]). Kudos @sbingner!
● Use iFaith mode after selecting/downloading the appropriate IPSW for your device. You will then be prompted to browse for SHSH blobs for the IPSW you have selected.
● Remember to enter a PWNED DFU state with sn0wbreeze’s iREB button in the top bar of sn0wbreeze prior to (SHIFT + Restoring) the custom signed IPSW!
iREB & iOS 6:
Due to some changes in iOS 6, the current public standalone version of iREB will NOT enter a proper PWNED DFU state for restoring to custom iOS 6 IPSWs. An update for the standalone version should come sometime this week. In the meantime, use the iREB tab located in sn0wbreeze’s top status bar to enter a proper PWNED DFU state.
As stated many times in the past, sn0wbreeze cannot be updated to work on A5(X)/A6(X) devices until a low level exploit in DFU or iBoot is found and made public.
A5(X)/A6(X) Baseband Preservation/Hacktivation?
For those running A5(X)/A6(X) devices and need to preserve your baseband, there is nothing you can do at the moment. For those wanting to hacktivate, the only advice I can give is to buy the carrier’s SIM (the one its locked to obviously) on ebay. The SIM does not have to be active with the carrier to activate the phone.
● Windows 8 users currently need to use this workaround to run sn0wbreeze.
● iPad baseband will fail to flash on iOS 4.0 –> iOS 4.2.1 restores.
● iPod Touch 2G 4.x.x restores fail.
You can download Sn0wbreeze 2.9.7 from our free jailbreak download page.
September 13, 2012 By Muz Khan
Development team has updated the iOS 6 jailbreak for goldmaster version which was released for developers yesterday after the Apple event. You can download iOS 6 jailbreak from the jailbreak download links given below.
The final version of iOS 6 will be available for free download on 19 September 2012 for all users. If you are a jailbreaker I suggest to keep away from iOS 6 upgrade and wait if there is iOS 6 jailbreak available or not. Also you may not be able to downgrade from iOS 6 in some basebands. Keep visiting my blog for updates on iOS 6 and iphone 5 jailbreak.
Jailbreak iOS 6
The latest iOS 6 jailbreak is tethered and is only available for iOS 6 beta version and does not provide Cydia. It is intended for developers so that they can develop the jailbreak apps for the use of jailbreak community.
Jailbreak iOS 6 RedSn0w 0.9.13 dev4 Compatible Devices
iOS 6 jailbreak for gm version supports limera1n-able devices whic are as under:
- iPod touch 4G
- iPhone4 (GSM)
- iPhone4 (CDMA)
As mentioned on the dev blog:
UNLOCKERS AND THOSE PRESERVING THEIR UNLOCKABLE BASEBANDS SHOULD STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS! You will very likely lose your unlockable baseband if you try to install iOS 6.
Update #3 – Sep 13: The “dev4” version covers all the betas and yesterday’s 6.0 GM seed. There are some remaining issues with Cydia and fundamental modules like PreferenceLoader, so it remains an openssh-styledeveloper-only release only for now!
RedSnow iOS 6 Jailbreak Download Links
How To Jailbreak iOS 6 Using RedSn0w
- From above jailbreak download links download the redsn0w and open Redsn0w 09.13dev4.
- Download the iOS 6 firmware from the gm firmware download links and save on your computer.
- In main RedSn0w window click Extras => Select iPSW and locate the gm firmware already downloaded
- Click Back to come in main window again and click Jailbreak
- When asked for options select Install SSH and click Next
- Now connect your device and put it in DFU mode by pressing both power and home buttons as per the screen instructions on RedSn0w.
- Let the jailbreak process complete.
- Go to Redsn0w main window and click Extras and then Just Boot
- Put your device in DFU mode and let it complete the reboot process.
- Your device is now jailbroken
iPhone5 iOS 6 Jailbreak
The pre orders for iphone5 will start from tomorrow i.e. 14 September and it will be delivered around 19 September. The iphone 5 will be pre-installed with iOS6 and the people who are habitual of using a jailbreak iphone they will immediately need an iPhone5 Jailbreak. I am very much hopeful that dev team will be able to jailbreak iOS 6 as soon as the final version is available for download.
If you have not subscribed to my blog you should join now so that you are always aware of any news on iOS 6 Jailbreak and jailbreak download links etc.
Note: Please check your Email After clicking Join.