June 2, 2012 By Muz Khan
Absinthe Jailbreak 3gs
You can perform Absinthe jailbreak 3gs by following the below steps for iPhone 3gs jailbreak. The recent untethered jailbreak for iphone 3gs is Absinthe 2.0.4 jailbreak software. In addition to Absinthe jailbreak 3gs the current version is compatible with most of the iOS devices on 5.1.1. Please note that this version is for Absinthe jailbreak 3gs only on ios 5.1.1 if you have older version you can check my other tutorials on Absinthe jailbreak 3gs.
iPhone 3gs iOS 6.0 Jailbreak
If you have upgraded your iphone 3gs to iOS 6.0 this jailbreak will not work for you you have to follow the step wise instruction to jailbreak 3gs 6.0, remember this is tethered 3gs iOS 6 jailbreak.
Steps to Absinthe Jailbreak 3gs
Step 1: First of all you must backup your iphone 3gs by connecting it to your computer and running the iTunes. In the middle window of iTunes select “Backup to this computer”. Right click your device name in the left pane and select backup. After backup it is recommended to reset your 3gs in order to Absinthe jailbreak 3gs, without any error. Go to settings => General => Reset => Reset All Settings.
Note: If you have set any passcode remove it and if you have VPN enabled disable it.
Step 2: To Absinthe jailbreak 3gs, download the latest version of Absinthe from our Absinthe download page. Double click the zip file to extract the downloaded file if you don’t have winzip or winrar click here to download.
Step 3: Open the extracted folder and double click the absinthe-win-2.0.4.exe to run the application.
Step 6: Now relax and wait until the 3gs Absinthe jailbreak is completed automatically. You will see below messages on the screen above the progress bar one by one:
Beginning jailbreak, this may take a while
Step 7: The last message you will receive is Done, enjoy!
After finishing the jailbreak process, you will receive the last screen saying that you have completed Absinthe jailbreak 3gs and after a while Cydia icon will be available on Springboard.
If you face any error in Jailbreak 3gs Absinthe you may check this guide on common errors in Absinthe jailbreak 5.1.1 Untethered.
Steps to Absinthe Jailbreak 3gs
jailbreak 3gs 5.1 untethered
May 6, 2012 By Muz Khan
The latest 5.1 3gs jailbreak available is RedSn0w 0.9.10b8b that was released on 5-May-2012 by iPhone Dev Team. This latest jailbreak for iOS 5.1 is tethered for all other devices except iPhone 3GS, yes it is untethered for 3GS if it is running the old bootrom. This is a good luck for 3GS users that they can jailbreak their devices untethered on any firmware version if their device has the old bootrom.
Many of you may not know whether your 3gs has old bootrom or new bootrom. I am giving below stepwise procedure to know if your iPhone 3GS has old bootrom or new. If you find that your 3gs is on old bootrom then Congratulations. You can just follow this How to jailbreak iPhone 3gs 5.1 Untethered tutorial and enjoy the benefits of jailbreak app called Cydia and many other jailbreak tweaks.
So here is how to find your iPhone 3gs bootrom version:
1. Put your 3gs in DFU (direct firmware update) mode. To enter DFU mode turn your iphone 3gs off and:
- Hold both Power and Home buttons for about 3 seconds (till as soon as Apple logo appears)
- Now release the Power button but continue holding the Home button for 10 more seconds (screen will go blank) and now your device should be in DFU mode
2. On your computer: Open the Control Panel and then open Device Manager. Scroll down the device list to find “Universal Serial Bus Controllers” expand it and find Apple Mobile Device USB Driver. Right Click and click Properties a new properties window will appear click Details. In the Property list click the list arrow and find and click “Device Instance Path” You will find a windows like in next steps.
3. Check the value displayed as in the below window:
If the value at the right most side is something like [iBoot-359.3] congratulations you have old bootrom.
And if this is [iBoot-359.3.2] then it is new bootrom and your device can not be jailbroken at iOS 5.1 untethered with the current version of RedSn0w and you have to wait if you want only untethered 3gs 5.1 jailbreak.
In both cases you still can jailbreak iphone 3gs on 5.1 but it will be tethered for new bootrom. So if you have decided to jailbreak your 3gs just follow this Jailbreak guide for 5.1 3gs jailbreak.
In order to keep updated for release of untethered 5.1 jailbreak join my blog below.
Note: Please check your Email After clicking Join.
April 1, 2012 By Muz Khan
You can jailbreak ios 5.1 tethered on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad 1, iPod Touch 4G, 3G using latest version of RedSn0w 0.9.10b6. I have given below the download links for redsnow 0.9.10b6 and complete step wise guide to jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G and iPad 1.
Before continuing you have to note that:
- This is a *tethered* 5.1 jailbreak for non-A5 devices (i.e. other than iPhone 4S, iPad 2&3) that means each time you need to reboot your idevice you will need to use redsn0w and select the option of “Just Boot” as mentioned in below jailbreak tutorial. Otherwise your Safari and Cydia apps will not work/launch.
- Similarly If you want to use ultrasn0w for your carrier unlock, be sure to use a custom IPSW to update to 5.1 first. You have to use redsn0w for generating custome ipsw “Custom IPSW”.
- This jailbreak is will become automatically untethered if your device has old-bootrom 3GS.
- iBooks is not working until next update of redsn0w is released
Below steps are very simple to jailbreak iPhone 4 on ios 5.0.1 and are also compatible with iPhone 3gs, ipod touch and ipad 1 on iOS 5.1 by using the latest version of RedSn0w 0.9.10b6.
Below are the steps on How to jailbreak 5.0.1 / 5.1
Important Note: This jailbreak is not for iPhone 4S jailbreak, iPad 2 or iPad 3 jailbreak if these are running ios 5.1 otherwise if they are running ios 5.0.1 then it is OK.
Step 2: Extract the zip file and run the RedSn0w.exe file to start the redsn0w jailbreak process.
Step 3: There are two buttons “Extras” and “Jailbreak”, click Jailbreak to jailbreak and install Cydia
Step 5: Follow the screen instructions to put your device in DFU mode. RedSn0w will detect iPhone 4 and start installation of jailbreak and select “Install Cydia” when asked. (If not you can follow steps to put your device in DFU mode as instructed by clicking Next in previous step again). Close RedSn0w.
Step 6: Boot Tethered your iPhone 4: Restart RedSn0w by double clicking the exe file.
Go to Extra option and click “Just Boot”
Your iphone 4 will restart and now it is jailbroken tethered.
Note: This is a tethered jailbreak and if you need to reboot your iPhone you need to do step 6 each time therefore you need computer to reboot your iPhone4.
Subscribe to my blog so that I can update you whenever the untethered jailbreak for iPhone 4 is available.