If you have protected your iPhone using pass code and your device is upgraded to iOS 5.0.1, still your camera roll is not protected and if you lose it the person holding it will be able to see y our camera roll, therefore be carefull and don’t keep the pictures and videos that can be most secret or personal. Anybody can access your camera roll once he is able to get access to your device, although it is a little bit difficult but someone may try this as mentioned below, on iPhone 4 running ios 5.0.1, it works flawlessly all you need is a sim card remover/paperclip and a screwdriver.
- Unscrew the two screws on the bottom of the iPhone and remove the back plate.
- Pull out the battery for a few seconds and reinsert.
- Remove the SIM card by inserting the pin in the side hole, this will cause the phone to loose the time and date.
- When the device turns on, double tap the home button, and tap the camera button.
- Now switch the camera to front camera and tap on the camera roll icon on the bottom left.
- You now have unrestricted access to the photos and videos of the iPhone.
Watch this video for better understanding: