Jailbreak 5.1 Semi Untethered On iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad (4th Gen) With Redsn0w. Below is the guide on How to jailbreak ios 5.1 This is a semi untethered 5.1 jailbreak therefore you need to boot tethered each time you restart your device. If you want to use an unlock it is highly recommend to stay on iOS 5.0.1. This jailbreak is not for iPad 2 or 3, and the iPhone 4s if these are running ios 5.1
Step 1: Download latest version of RedSn0w 0.9.10b6 by Clicking below links:
Step 2: Extract the zip file and run the RedSn0w.exe file to start the redsn0w jailbreak process.
Step 3: There are two buttons “Extras” and “Jailbreak”, click the first button Jailbreak to jailbreak and install Cydia
Step 4: Connect your iPad 1 into the computer using the USB port. Read instructions on below screen and make sure that your iPad is OFF before clicking the Next button.
You can see on the screen that this jailbreak is also compatible for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 but remember if these are having iOS 5.0.1 and if having iOS 5.1 then it is not compatible.
Step 5: Now you have to put your device in DFU (direct firmware update) mode, just follow the RedSn0w screen instructions and you will do it, if you feel difficulty you can visit this post on How to put your iPad in DFU mode.
Hold down both the Home button and the Power button for 10 seconds.
Release the Power button and continue holding the Home button until RedSn0w detects the device.
Step 6: Just observer the screen message and let it complete until next input screen comes.
Your iPad will now reboot to identify the build.
Now RedSn0w will prepare the jailbreak data.
Step 7: On next screen check Install Cydia from the list of check box options and click Next.
Step 8: iPad will now reboot and RedSn0w will build the jailbreak process and upload ramdisk. The remaining part of jailbreak will take place on your iPad and you can see the RedSn0w icon on the screen with progress bar. After completion of this jailbreak install the iPad will reboot and will have Cydia installed. Now you have to boot it using RedSn0w before you can use the Cydia and Safari.
Step 9: Boot Tethered iPAd1 : Again start the RedSn0w and Select Extras this time.
Step 10: Select Just boot from the Extras menu to just boot tethered right now. The iPad 1 will reboot and now it is tethered jailbroken. You can run Cydia now. Just tap the Cydia icon on your springboard and if it loads it means your jailbreak is successful. If Cydia is not running try reinstalling again from step 1.
If you are facing problems in jailbreaking your iPhone 3gs, iPhone4, iPod Touch or iPad by typical method of using RedSn0w you can try to jail break your ios 5.0.1 Sn0wbreeze 2.9 as mentioned in the step wise guide below:
You can download latest Sn0wbreeze by visiting this page.
Download the zip file and unzip in a folder. Now double click sn0wbreeze-v2.9.exe you will see below screen then click OK.
2. Now you have the option of selecting you IPSW file if you have already downloaded this by clicking Browse or you can download directly from Sn0wbreeze window by clicking “iOS firmware are downloadable here” (I recommend to use this option) Connect your device to your computer.
3. Now you have the option of selecting your device and the firmware, after selecting the both options click Start Download.
4. Wait until the software identifies your IPSW, click next and select “Expert Mode”
5. Select the option of “Build IPSW”
6. Wait for Sn0wBreeze to complete the creation of custom IPSW (will take much time 15-20 minutes) the file will be saved on your computer.
7. Now you will put your device in DFU mode by just following screen instructions.
8. Turn off power of your device
9. Hold home and power for 10 seconds, now release power button but keep pressed Home button for 10 seconds and iTunes will popup in your Computer (if it doesn’t then run it.
10. Click your device in left pane and in middle of iTunes screen you have to press Restore but while holding the Shift Key.
11. iTunes will ask the custom firmware and click done. iTunes will restore your device automatically.
Jailbreak iOS 5.1.0 For iPhone4S and iPad2 is already done and you can watch this video where iPhone4s is running Cydia and Siri is also working very well. This jailbreak is for ios 5.0.1 on iPhone4s therefore if you want to jailbreak your device keep it on 5.0.1 because first jail break for ios 5.0.1 will be released and immediately for ios 5.1.0.
Tonight, @planetbeing on Twitter tweeted that the application that will be used for jailbreak iphone4s and ipad2 will be released very soon and is extremely close to release. You can see below tweets from Planetbeing, Nikias and Musclenerd.
Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 for iphone 4 and iPod Touch Semi Untethered
This jailbreak has been tested and it works for iDevices running iOS 5.0.1 but not with iPad 2 and iPhone 4S which will be available soon.
For jailbreak on iPhone4S and iPad 2 please provide your email below and click Subscribe, so that we can inform you as soon as it is available (You can cancel later anytime).
Please note: This is a tethered jailbreak this means that you need computer every time you boot your idevice. And before using your device you will have to run Redsn0w again.