March 21, 2012 By Muz Khan
Be Sociable and Click the +Button ==>>
Below steps can help you root or jailbreak Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 on Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread. The guide is very simple and you can easily root Galaxy Y running the Android version 2.3.5 . I have also given the list of common errors which are faced with rooted Samsung Galaxy Y reported by many blog readers after rooting.
- Rooting voids the warranty, though can be regained by updating with the default firmware.
- You have to follow the instructions carefully other wise you may brick your phone.
- Before proceeding to root make a full backup of your data.
How To Root / Unlock /Jailbreak Galaxy Y GT-S5360
- First of all Unzip Utility App so that during Recovery Mode, Update.zip file is easily accessible, so download ES File Exchanger from Android Market and install it.
- Now download Update.zip file on your computer by clicking this download link.
- Connect Samsung Galaxy Y your computer and copy the update.zip on SD card of the phone.
- Disconnect the phone from computer and shut it down.
- Put the Galaxy Y in recovery mode by doing as mentioned: (Press and hold Home Button, Volume Up button and Power Button for 20 Seconds and your device will go in Recovery Mode)
- While in the recovery mode select option “Update from SD Card”
- Browse and locate the Update.zip file which you copies in third step and press home button, the rooting process will be initiated and your mobile will be rooted.
- Reboot and Galaxy Y is now rooted….Enjoy!
- After rooting download BusyBox app and Install it to use.
Bugs/Errors in Gingerbread 2.3.5 in Galaxy Y GT-S5360
I have given below some errors and bugs which are faced usually in every Galaxy Y GT-S5360 after it is rooted, and these can be recovered by simply rebooting your device (till now this solution is available). The common root errors are:
- WiFi does not respond, either stucks at ON or OFF position
- GPS stops responding
- Video Streaming suddenly stops
- Downloading stops suddenly
- Device forces to close any running application
- Latitude suddenly starts syncing and showing Check Ins