Apple has released the list of top 25 apps in different categories i.e. for iphone, ipad, free and paid etc. As you are aware yesterday 25 billionth apps download was completed and this is a big big number that Apple has achieved from 10billion last year means 15 billion apps downloads in one year.
As you know the jailbreak for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 was released last Friday and millions of the users has jailbroken their devices. Ultimately now there are tons of jailbreak tweaks and apps to be used on jailbroken devices. Similarly there are torrent of Cydia tweaks that work with Siri and used to modify or play with Siri’s behavior and look. Some of them I am mentioning hare which most Siri users has liked and used most of them.
1. Custom Siri Background
A very beautiful and simple tweak that can be used to change the background of your Siri app. You can change the background of your siri from typical brushed metallic any of your choice. You can go to Cydia and in search section just type “Custom Siri Background” and install the same.
2. Custom Siri Mic Color
You can change the color of your Siri microphone icon using the Winterboard. You only need to add the source and download the color that you want. You can visit http://repo.technetec.com from your iPhone4s and download the source for color of your choice.
3. Assistant Extension
This tweak is equally useful for iphone4S siri users and developers, this app can enable many useful system commands such as “open”, “tweet”, and “restart springboard” and in addition Assistant Extension also opens up a plugin system to facilitate developers to develop/make custom commands of their own choice.
Welcome to JailbreakStation’s iOS 5 / 5.0.1 jailbreaking guides. Our guides are free for ever and no need to pay for unlocking and jailbreak.
Jailbreak iOS 5 /5.0.1 Untethered for iPhone 4 GSM/CDMA, iPhone 3GS, iPad1, iPod Touch 4G/3G as mentioned below. If you are already having tethered jailbreak 5 just go to Cydia and search and install Corona 5.0.1. If you want a new jailbreak for ios 5 follow below 3 easy steps.
Jailbreak ios 5 is done using newly released RedSn0w 0.9.10b3, and it supports following devices running iOS 5.0.1:
iPhone 4 (CDMA)
iPod Touch 4G
iPod Touch 3G
Before proceeding to the jailbreak process please note the following important points: This jailbreak is not for iPad 2 and iPhone 4S.
Steps to jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 over iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
1. Check the version of your device go to settings —> General —-> About and version it should be 5.0.1 if it is not update your device with iOS 5.0.1.
3. Unzip/extract the RedSn0w downloaded file and open the folder (see below screen). Double click RedSn0w.exe executable file:
4. RedSn0w will run and you will see following screen on your computer.
5. Now Click “Jailbreak and Install Cydia”
6. Now connect your iDevice with the computer and turn it off by pushing power button and sliding to power off. you need to put your device in DFU mode, before pressing the Next button on next screen make sure your device is turned off and plugged into your computer.
7. Now you have to do the following steps as shown on screen shot. Do whenever these are highlighted while processing.
Hold Down the Power button for 1 second.
Without releasing the power button press and hold the Home button (bottom center) for 10 seconds.
Without releasing the Home button release the power button but keep holding the Home button for 15 seconds.
Important: At this step most of the people are confused and unable to put the device in DFU mode. You may see the following screen. Also your device may be showing Apple icon flashing or device is restarted. Don’t panic just click Back button and again Next. Don’t follow onscreen sequence do as under:
Press and hold both Power and Home buttons and count 1-10 normally (even if device is On).
Release Power button and keep Home button pressed until you see any activty on computer screen. Repeat same if no activity observed.
Redsn0w will process itself to complete the jailbreak process if there is no error.
8. Now you will see next screen to install Cydia select the first option “Install Cydia” and click Next. You can select other options also if you need.
9. After the RedSn0w installation is completed you will get a done message. Congratulations Your device is now jailbroken.
If this tutorial works for you please give comments and share with your friends. Subscribe to our updates for keeping yourself updated on jailbreaking and Apple updates.
If you face errors write in comments i shall answer and get back again.
What is jailbreaking?
Jailbreaking is a process of removing the restrictions Apple has forced on iDevices (iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad) gain root access. Mostly jailbreaking is done by installing an application RedSn0w that installs Cydia which acts same as app store in Apple. Users can customize their apps, tweeks, themes, and things not possible in the Apple App Store.