Below step wise guide will help you root and unlock Transformer Prime TF201 easily and smoothly. You may be aware that ASUS has released a bootloader-unlocker tool for the transformer devices that is called ClockworkMod Recovery. By using the ClockworkMod Recovery you can root, install Busybox and Superuser, flash and unroot ASUS Transformer Prime TF201 and Transformer TF101 on Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich. This is a kind of All in one tool which requires very less expertise and helps you completely get control of your transformer device.
- Unlock the boot-loader on your Transformer Prime using ASUS’s official tool which can be downloaded by clicking Here follow the instructions on the forum itself.
- Download and extract the viperMOD PrimeTime v4.5.zip for your operating system. Download from official site
- Install the available drivers included inside the Drivers folder in the extracted folder.
- Stop ASUS Sync and Splashtop from automatically running.
- Go to Settings > Applications > Development on your Transformer Prime and enable USB Debugging
- Now you have to connect your Transformer Prime to computer.
- Launch viperMOD PrimeTime.exe and choose the option(s) you need i.e. to root your device and then install Busybox as well as flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Once the rooting is complete install OTA Root Keeper for This Link
- If you face any problem or want more details you can visit official thread on XDA-Developers forum.