Nokia has released its excellent new operating system update called Nokia Belle update that is for some selected Symbian-powered handsets i.e. N8, E7, C7 etc. Belle is the new and improved operating system for Symbian users, that was announced by Nokia in December 2011 and it was expected to be released for download in February 2012 and now it is available. Nokia Belle update comes with many new features and gives your mobile fresh new look, improved performance and more added features i.e. new user interface, up to six home screens with live widgets in different sizes.
If you are having the following Nokia mobiles running on Symbian you can update for Nokia Belle.
- Nokia N8
- Nokia E7
- Nokia E6
- Nokia X7
- Nokia C6-01
- Nokia C7
- Nokia 500
From now Nokia is providing the Nokia Belle in the upcoming mobiles in the market that include Nokia 700, 701 and 603, Nokia N8, Nokia C7 and Nokia C601.
How to Update to Nokia Belle
1. Make sure you have latest Nokia Suit (3.3) running on your computer. If not you can download from Here.
2. Once you have installed latest connect your phone to the PC using USB cable.
3. The Nokia Ovi Suit will prompt that the new software is available, all you have to do is click Next and complete the process. If it does not prompts automatically open Nokia Ovi Suite, Select Tools —-> Software updates and follow the steps on screen. For making the update automatically every time you connect your phone go to Tools —-> Options and select the option “Automatically download software updates”.
The update takes time depending upon the internet speed of your network and mostly it take 30 – 60 minutes for normal internet speeds.
In some cases your phone may stop responding after the update process, don’t worry just follow as below mentioned:
- In case of C6-01, C7, E6 and Nokia 500 remove the battery, re insert the battery and turn ON the phone it will be OK.
- In case of E7, N8 and X7, hold the power button for about 10 seconds and your mobile will reboot.
You can also contact your local Nokia Care center in case the mobile is not working.