If you are facing errors in unlocking your iPhone even after jailbreaking it, and still you want to use another SIM i.e. other than the one with you have contract. There is a good news for you that a new unlock is available that you can try to unlock iPhone, this new method for unlock jailbroken iPhones has been announced and released recently which uses Sam Binger’s Subscriber Artificial Module (SAM) package in Cydia. Remember you are able to run Cydia after jailbreak. So once you get your iPhone jailbreak follow below steps to unlock your iphone.
If your want to jailbreak iPhone click Here.
Update 28-April-2012: Due to a recent patch fixing from Apple this unlock may not work.
- Start Cydia and install Sam Bingner’s SAM (Subscriber Artificial Module) by going to Cydia …> Resources ….> Add and now type “repo.bingner.com” and click add.
- After the source is added successfully. Open the SAMPrefs by going to your Springboard.
- Go to Utilities and then choose to “De-Activate iPhone”.
- Go to the “Method” section and Select “By Country and Carrier”, and choose your carrier.
- Tap “More Information”, and taking note of your IMSI in the “SAM Details” section, continue to “Spoof Real SIM to SAM”.
- Go back to the main SAMPrefs screen and change the “Method” to manual. Then enter the IMSI which you noted in previous step.
- Now connect you iphone into your computer and run iTunes, after your phone is visible in main iTunes window double click on “Phone Number” to make sure that the ICCID matches that of your SIM card and disconnect your iPhone from your computer.
- Disable SAM.
- Plug your iPhone back in your computer and restart iTunes if it says your phone cannot be activated. Now it is unlocked.
- You may face issues with push notifications, don’t worry just use the “Clear Push” utility in SAM and reconnect to iTunes.
I believe by following the above steps your phone will be unlocked and will work on any GSM network.