October 14, 2012
Good news iphone dev team has announced the release of RedSn0w 0.9.15b1 iOS 6.0 jailbreak. Previously as you are aware the available jailbreak was tethered for all A4 devices and one must need to install seperately the Cydia which is a must for searching and installing jailbreak apps.
The latest redsn0w jailbreak is still tethered for iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G and iPhone 3gs new bootrom, but if you have 3gs old bootrom you can now get untethered ios 6.0 jailbreak by installing the redsn0w 0.9.15b1.
Note: This is an untethered jailbreak for iphone 3gs old bootrom only for other devices i.e. iphone 4, 3gs and ipod touch 4g it is tethered.
Here are the steps:
You can follow same steps to jailbreak iPhone 4, iPod Touch 3gs and iPhone 3gs new bootrom, only you will need to boot tethered after the jailbreak is installed.
How To Jailbreak iPhone 3gs Untethered iOS 6.0 / 6.1.3
- First of all you have to download the latest version of RedSn0w from our jailbreak download page, once you click the download link you will be directed to the download server where you have to click the link. After that the download will start and the zip file will be available.
- Double click the zip file to Extract the zip file and open the extracted folder and now run the redsn0w.exe by right clicking and open as administrator.
- You will see two options on the main redsn0w screen first one is Jailbreak and second Extras at the moment you only need to go for first option so click Jailbreak.
- Connect your iPhone 3gs and click next, make sure your device is turned off, otherwise the Next button is not clickable.
- The redsn0w program will now ask you to put your device in DFU direct firmware update mode: Follow screen instructions i.e. Press power for three seconds and now also press home button for 9 seconds and release power button and hold home button for other 10 seconds. Once your 3gs is in DFU mode the screen will start some activity by identifying the device.
- When asked make sure Install Cydia is checked.
- Let the jailbreak process complete and you will also see the installation going on your 3gs screen and redsn0w icon will be displayed with progress bar.
- Once your device is rebooted and springboard is ready you will see Cydia installed and your iphone 3gs (old bootrom) is now untethered jailbroken, for other devices like iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4g and 3gs new bootrom you need to boot tethered as below:
Boot Tethered After iOS 6.0 Redsn0w Jailbreak
Open RedSn0w 0.9.15b1 => Extras => Boot Tethered => Turn Off Your Device => Click Next => Put in DFU mode as instructed. Let the jailbreak complete.
If you face errors keep putting in comments so that we can give solutions.
Note: Please check your Email After clicking Join.