March 31, 2012
Be Sociable and Click the +Button ==>>
If you have updated your Apple TV 2G with the latest Apple TV 5.0 firmware that was introduced alongside the 1080p Apple TV or you have already the updated iOS version. You might be looking for an Apple TV jailbreak. FireCore Dev-Team has recently released the Apple TV 2G 5.0 (iOS 5.1) Jailbreak and a mandatory updated version of TV Flash (black) compatible with the 5.0 firmware.
Recently a tethered jailbreak for Apple TV 5.0 and a TV Flash (black) was release by FireCore, which is compatible for the latest 5.0 (iOS 5.1) firmware running on the Apple TV 2G.
If you want to jailbreak Apple TV now I have given below the step wise guide on how to Jailbreak Apple TV 2G running the 5.0 firmware tethered. The process is very simple and does not require any expertise on jailbreaking etc. Only one thing you must note that this Apple TV jailbreak is not compatible to jailbreak 1080p Apple TV (Apple TV 3G).
Below are the steps on How To Jailbreak Apple TV 2G
- Download the latest version of Seas0nPass 0.8.3. WIN MAC
- Download the latest Apple TV ipsw from Here
- Extract the Seas0nPass 0.8.3 zip file on your hard disk, preferably on desktop.
- Open the jailbreak program by double clicking Seas0nPass.exe in the extracted folder.
- After the launch of the program, while holding the shift key (option in Mac) Click the option of Create IPSW. The software will ask the path of 5.0 ipsw firmware file for Apple TV which you downloaded in step 2. Browse and locate the file click open. If you have not downloaded the file before you can simply click Creat IPSW and the Seas0nPass will download the custom ipsw file for you automatically.
- The remaining process is automated Seas0nPass will now create custom IPSW which will be used to restore Apple TV jailbroken.
- After creation of custom IPSW Seas0nPass will prompt to connect Apple TV 2G to your computer using micro USB cable, and then put Apple TV in DFU (direct firmware update) mode. (Note: The power to the TV must be off at this step)
- Connect your Apple TV to computer and the software will detect it automatically, you will be given some instructions to put it in DFU mode just follow that (i.e. connect USB and immediately press and hold Menu and Play/Pause buttons for 7 seconds on your remote).
- Once you have successfully put your Apple TV 2G in DFU mode Seas0nPass will upload some files, automatically open iTunes and start the Apple TV 2G restore process.
- On completion you will receive a message ” iTunes restore script successful! Congratulations you Apple TV is jailbroken.
Remember: This is a tethered Apple TV jailbreak therefore you need to perform below final step before using your Apple TV and if you turn it off and want to restart you will need this step each time.
Booting Tethered With Seas0nPass
Disconnect the Apple TV from your computer and reconnect after a while before booting. Repeat steps 4 and 5 above and select Boot Tethered option, and follow the instructions for putting the Apple TV 2G into DFU mode as in step 8. After restart now you can use your Apple TV as a jailbroken idevice.
Note: Please check your Email After clicking Join.