Now that we are enjoying the jailbroken devices, I have seen hundreds of comments where my brothers ans sisters are having errors and they are unable to proceed for jailbreak and many are loosing their unlock and device is unable to identify their carriers.
I am giving here some basic tips which you must read before doing jailbreak using RedSn0w 0.9.10b3 or Pwnage Tool 5.0.1.
- Remember these jailbreaks are not for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 so no question about that . New untethered JB is compatible with iOS 5.0.1 running on iPhone4, iPhone3GS, iPhone4-CDMA, iPod touch 3G, iPod touch 4G and iPad1.
- Before starting jailbreak make sure these are running iOS 5.0.1 to find the version go to Settings —–> General —–> About Check the Version
- If you are having tethered jailbreak with 5.0.1 the most easy way is to go to Cydia —-> Search — > Now type “Corona 5.0.1 untether” Now Tap it and tap install it will be upgraded to untethered jailbreak. Alternatively you can just use RedSn0w latest version to jailbreak untethered and deselecting “Install Cydia” it works even if you select it.
- If you are using hybrid 5.0 or 5.0.1 configuration don’t install this untether you will be stuck in boot recycle. Restore your device to 5.0.1 using iTunes (don’t remember to backup by clicking Sync) . Now run latest RedSn0w jailbreak.
- If auto-detection is not working and redsn0w shows no identifying data was found, select an appropriate IPSW using “Extras->Select IPSW”. To find out appropriate ipsw click here.
- If you want to unlock using ultrasn0w or gevey, most importantly update to 5.0.1 only via custom IPSW and after update use RedSn0w 0.9.10 to both jailbreak and untether.
If you find these tips useful share with others and subscribe to our newsletter to keep you updated. You can visit my YouTube Channel for video guides/tutorials.