Below steps are very simple to jailbreak iPhone 4S on ios 5.0.1 and iPhone 4/3gs on iOS 5.1 by using the latest version of RedSn0w 0.9.10b6. You have to note that this is tethered jailbreak that means every time you need to restart your iPhone 4S you have to follow the last step of “Just Boot”. Below are the steps on How to jailbreak iPhone 4S.
4S USERS: Remember after updating your iPhone 4S to ios 5.1 you will not be able to jailbreak ios 5.1 on iphone 4s.
- Download latest version of RedSn0w 0.9.10b6 by Clicking Here for Windows and Here for Mac.
- Extract the zip file and run the RedSn0w.exe file to start the redsn0w jailbreak process.
- There are two button Extras and jailbreak, click Jailbreak.
- Connect your iPhone 4S to the computer using the USB cable and click Next.
- RedSn0w will detect iPhone 4S and start installation of jailbreak. (If not you can follow steps to put your device in DFU mode as instructed by clicking Next in previous step)
- Close RedSn0w and restart RedSn0w by double clicking the exe file..
- Go to Extra option and click “Just Boot”
- Your iphone 4S/4/3gs will restart and now it is jailbroken. If you need to reboot your iPhone you need to do step 7 each time.