How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1 / 6.0.1 On iPhone 3gs
If you have already updated to iOS 6.1 your iPhone 3gs you may be looking for 3gs jailbreak on iOS 6.1. If you are new to jailbreak community you must know that the existing iPhone 3GS Jailbreak for 6.1 and 6.0.1 is a tethered jailbreak. Tethered jailbreak requires that every time you need to reboot your iphone 3gs you must use a computer and reboot using the redsn0w jailbreak tool, which you will use for jailbreaking 3gs on 6.1.
This Jailbreak iOS 6.1 is also compatible with iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4G, and if you have 3gs old bootrom device your 6.1 jailbreak will become untethered automatically. Below is the step wise tutorial on how to jailbreak iPhone 3gs on iOS 6.1 or 6.0.1.
Although it is safe to jailbreak but we strongly recommend that you backup your iPhone 3gs before starting the 3gs jailbreak process. Simply go to iTunes =>connect your device => Right click your device in iTunes left panle => Click Backup
How To Jailbreak iOS 6.1 on iPhone 3GS
- In order to perform the 3gs 6.1 jailbreak you have to use iOS 6.0 firmware file (don’t confuse with 6.0 we really need 6.0 firmware not 6.1 to jailbreak) which should be specific to your device. You can visit our iphone firmware download page and download the file. This is a lrge file approximately 800 mb and it will take much time depending on your internet speed.
- Now you need the actual jailbreak software which is redsn0w, download redSn0w 0.9.15B3 from our free jailbreak download page and extract the zip file.
- Turn off your mobile and connect to your computer. Run the redSn0w.exe file you will get the main redsnow screen.
- In the main redsn0w window go to Extras => Select IPSW redsnow will ask to select ipsw file browse to the file which you saved in step 1 and click Open.
- Now you have to go back to RedSn0w main window and click Jailbreak, on the next screen redsnow will ask you to put your iphone 3gs in DFU mode, just follow the instructions on the screen and on next screen click next when asked just ensure that Install Cydia is selected and click Next. The jailbreak installation will proceed and your device will reboot.
- Boot Tethered: This is the last and very important step because since now you have jailbroken your iphone 3gs but you will not see Cydia installed on your springboard. In the main redsn0w window click extras => Just Boot => put your device in DFU mode and let the process complete. After reboot your iphone 3gs is now ready to be used as a jailbroken on iOS 6.1 or 6.01.
iPhone 5 Jailbreak Status
Till now we are waiting for latest software to jailbreak iOS 6.1 which will be able to jailbreak all devices untethered including iphone 5 jailbreak. You can join our blog to get notified when the iphone 5 jailbreak will be available.
Note: Please check your Email After clicking Join.