December 19, 2012
Be Sociable and Click the +Button ==>>
Below is the procedure on how to jailbreak ios 6.0.2 and iOS 6.1 beta 4 using redsn0w 0.9.15b3. If you have not yet updated your devices to iOS 6 then I would recommend to keep away from this until there is no untethered iOS 6.0.2 & 6.1 jailbreak is available from authentic developers i.e. genuine and famous jailbreak team.
Both ios 6.1 beta 4 and iOS 6.0.2 were available for update recently and the procedure of their jailbreak is not changed it is same as it was for iOS 6.0.1 jailbreak and iOS 6.1 beta 3 jailbreak. But for our visitors to not search here and there I am again writing the procedure below so that you can get whole solution on this page.
If you have older version on your device you can jailbreak untethered also for iPhone 4s and previous devices, for more details you can check our list of jailbreak tutorials for all devices.
Jailbreak 6.0.2 & 6.1 Compatible Devices
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS – for old boot rom 3gs it will become untethered iOS 6.0.2 jailbreak automatically so you don’t need to do the last step of boot tethered
- iPod Touch 4G
How to Jailbreak 6.0.2 & 6.1 beta 4 using Redsn0w 0.9.15b3
- Download iOS 6.0 firmware file for your device from this iOS download pages iPhone iPod .
- Download redsn0w 0.9.15b3 from our jailbreak download page. Extract the file and open the redsn0w.exe file as administrator.
- One main redsn0w window go to Extras => Select ipsw => Select the file which you have downloaded in first step and click open.
- Go back to redsn0w main window and click Jailbreak the program will ask you to connect your device to your computer and put it in DFU mode. Just follow the screen instructions and click next. The jailbreak process will start and your device will reboot.
- At this stage if you check your device you will not find Cydia 6.0.2 installed because this is tethered jailbreak and in order to get the iOS 6.0.2 Cydia working you need one more step. But if you have installed this to jailbreak iphone 3gs you will clearly find the Cydia on springboard which will work normally.
- Go to main redsnow window and go to Extras => Select ipsw => Select the file which you have downloaded in first step and click open. Go back to redsn0w main menu => Extras => Boot tethered, the redsnow program will ask to put your device in dfu mode again which you can do easily by following the steps given on the RedSn0w screen itself. Your iphone or ipod touch will reboot and now you can use the Cydia on 6.0.2 and Cydia oon 6.1.
Your device is jailbroken on iOS 6.0.2 or 6.1 but remember it is tethered jailbreak and whenever you are required to restart your device you will need to boot tethered using your computer and of course the redsn0w program, even if the battery exhausts and it turns off you need to do this step to use the Cydia and jailbreak apps properly.
Note: Please check your Email After clicking Join.