Sn0wbreeze which is a jailbreak software for iOS 5.1 jailbreak and also for other versions, was updated to the new version 2.9.3 recently by iH8Snow, the update includes Apple TV support for 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 and a bug fix on iOS 5.0.1 jailbreak of hanging on the Apple icon when booting.
You can jailbreak the following iOS versions running on any device:
- Untethered jailbreak for iOS 3.1.3, 3.2.x, 4.0.x, 4.1, 4.2.1, 4.2.8, 4.3, 4.3.3, 4.4.3, 4.4.4, 5.0.1
- Tethered iOS 5.1 Jailbreak for ios 5.1/9B176
If you would like to jailbreak using the updated Sn0wBreeze you can download from below download link and visit my previous tutorial on How to Jailbreak Using Sn0wBreeze.
To Summarize we can say that the new Sn0wBreeze version 2.9.3 includes:
- New Apple TV 2 support for ios 4.4.3 and ios 4.4.4
- Bug fix for an issue with iOS 5.0.1 which was happening in rare cases when after reboot it was halting on Apple logo
This was elaborated on the official blog of iH8sn0w:
Just adding this in mainly for users who dumped their SHSH blobs. On the initial boot, the Apple TV may have a black screen for 60 seconds after setting up the Apple TV. This is normal.
Download link for Sn0wbreeze v2.9.3 for Windows
Posted in iOS, ios 5.1.0, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPhone4S, Jailbreak, Jailbreak Downloads, Sn0wBreeze Tagged with: 3gs sn0wbreeze, 3gs snowbreeze, 5.1 Sn0w jail, 5.1 sn0wbreeze, apple tv jailbreak, iOS 5.1 Jailbreak Sn0wBreeze 2.9.3, iphone 4s Sn0wbreeze 5.1, sn0wbreeze jailbreak 5.1, snowbreeze for ios 5.1 untethered
If you were unable to jailbreak ios 5.1 using RedSn0w as mentioned my previous post and you were having some unexpected errors in jailbreak 5.1. You can jailbreak your ios 5.1 using the updated version of Sn0wBreeze 2.9.2 jailbreak software download. iH8sn0w has recently released his jailbreaking tool for ios 5.1 that works on a principal of building a custom firmware like we do in RedSn0w by using the option of “Custom ipsw”. This is a tethered jailbreak for iOS 5.1 that means every time you need to restart your iphone or ipod touch or ipad, you will need your computer to reboot your device.
SnowBreeze is compatible with Windows only and if you are having Mac you can read my guide on How to jailbreak ios 5.1 using RedSn0w.
This ios 5.1 jailbreak is NOT compatible with A5 devices i.e. iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and the new ipad.
How to jailbreak iOS 5.1 using Sn0wBreeze
- Download Sn0wBreeze 2.9.2 jailbreak software by Clicking Here
- Open Sn0wbreeze by double clicking the executable file, click the blue arrow to go to the next screen. (no need to connect your device to computer at this step)
- Now locate and select your 5.1 ipsw and click the next arrow.
- Select the mode carefully in which you want to run in. If you are relying on a carrier unlock, you should select “Expert Mode”. If you are not confident about the options just leave the default and don’t change anything and Click next.
- Sn0wbreeze will create custom IPSW file for your device, wait for completion of process.
- Now connect your iphone, ipod touch or ipad to your computer and follow the on-screen directions to enter the DFU (device firmware update) mode.
- Open iTunes and wait while your device is detected and displayed in iTunes main Window. After your device is detected and a window appears showing that a device has been detected in DFU mode, hold the shift key and click “Restore” button. iTunes will ask about the custom ipsw file which you created using Sn0wBreeze browse and locate it and click OK/Next. iTunes will start restoring your device with the new ipsw. This will take some time.
- Last step is to Booting Tethered for which you will use iH8sn0w’s iREB, just download and run it while your device is connected to computer it will restart your device and it will be tethered jailbroken.
- This is a tethered jailbreak for ios 5.1 that means every time you need to restart your device you will do step 8.
Posted in ios 5.1.0, jailbrake, Jailbreak, Jailbreak Downloads, Sn0wBreeze Tagged with: 5.1 jailbreak, 5.1.0, ios 5.1 jail, jail break iOS 5.1.0, jailbreak 5.1, jailbreak 5.1.0, sn0wbreeze 2.9.2, sn0wbreeze download, Sn0wBreeze ios 5.1 Jailbreak Download, sn0wbreeze jailbreak 5.1, snowbreeze tool
How to jail break ipod touch
You can jail break your ipod touch 3 or 4 using the latest version of Sn0wbreeze. Similarly if you have already tried for jail break through RedSn0w and were facing errors you can use this tutorial for ipod touch jailbreak. This guide can be used for jailbreak ios 5.0.1 on iPhone 3gs, iPhone4, iPod Touch or iPad.
Note: Ensure that your ipod touch is having version 5.0.1 (although this jailbreak works with old versions also I suggest to update if you can), go to Settings —-> General —> About and check the Version it may be similar to “5.0.1(9A405)”. If it is not 5.0.1 try to update by going back to Settings —-> General —> “Software Update” or using iTunes. You can download latest iOS by visiting this link.
Once your ipod touch is updated to 5.0.1 now you follow these steps to jail break ipod touch.
1. Download latest Sn0wbreeze 2.9 by visiting this page.
2. Download the zip file and unzip in a folder. Open that folder and double click sn0wbreeze-v2.9.exe to see below screen, now click OK.
3. Now you can download or select the ipsw file which you shall use for jailbreaking ipod touch. The new version has the option of selecting you IPSW file if you have already downloaded this by clicking Browse or you can download directly from Sn0wbreeze window by clicking “iOS firmware are downloadable here” as shown in below screen shot (I recommend to use this option) make sure you have a fast internet connection.
4. Now you have the option of selecting your device and the firmware, after selecting the both options click Start Download. Connect your ipod touch to computer.
5. Wait until the software identifies your IPSW, click next and select “Expert Mode”
6. Select the option of “Build IPSW”
7. Sn0wBreeze will automatically complete the generation of custom IPSW (will take much time 15-20 minutes) the file will be saved on your computer.
8. Now you will put your ipod touch in DFU mode by just following screen instructions.
9. Turn off power of your ipod touch
10. Hold home and power for 10 seconds, now release power button but keep pressed Home button for 10 seconds and iTunes will popup in your Computer (if it doesn’t then run it.)
11. Your ipod touch should be visible in your iTunes left pane. Click your device in left pane and in middle of iTunes screen you have to press Restore but while holding the Shift Key.
12. iTunes will ask the location of custom firmware file which you generated using Sn0wbreeze locate on your computer by browsing and click done. iTunes will restore your ipod touch automatically which is now jailbroken untethered.
Jailbreak for iPhone4s and iPad2 is going to be released shortly if you want to be informed join my site below I will email you whenever it is released.
Posted in How to, iPod Touch, Jailbreak, Sn0wBreeze, Untethered 5.0.1 Tagged with: custom ipsw, How to jail break ipod touch, How to jailbreak ipod touch, jailbreak ipod, jailbreak ipod touch, Sn0wbreeze 2.9, untethered
If you are facing problems in jailbreaking your iPhone 3gs, iPhone4, iPod Touch or iPad by typical method of using RedSn0w you can try to jail break your ios 5.0.1 Sn0wbreeze 2.9 as mentioned in the step wise guide below:
You can download latest Sn0wbreeze by visiting this page.
- Download the zip file and unzip in a folder. Now double click sn0wbreeze-v2.9.exe you will see below screen then click OK.
2. Now you have the option of selecting you IPSW file if you have already downloaded this by clicking Browse or you can download directly from Sn0wbreeze window by clicking “iOS firmware are downloadable here” (I recommend to use this option) Connect your device to your computer.
3. Now you have the option of selecting your device and the firmware, after selecting the both options click Start Download.
4. Wait until the software identifies your IPSW, click next and select “Expert Mode”
5. Select the option of “Build IPSW”
6. Wait for Sn0wBreeze to complete the creation of custom IPSW (will take much time 15-20 minutes) the file will be saved on your computer.
7. Now you will put your device in DFU mode by just following screen instructions.
8. Turn off power of your device
9. Hold home and power for 10 seconds, now release power button but keep pressed Home button for 10 seconds and iTunes will popup in your Computer (if it doesn’t then run it.
10. Click your device in left pane and in middle of iTunes screen you have to press Restore but while holding the Shift Key.
11. iTunes will ask the custom firmware and click done. iTunes will restore your device automatically.
Posted in Jailbreak, Jailbreak Downloads, Sn0wBreeze, Untethered 5.0.1 Tagged with: 5.0.1, iOS, iphone jail break, jailbreak, Sn0wbreeze 2.9, untethered
A new version of Sn0wbreeze has been released at the second anniversary of the same by iH8Sn0w. The newly released version is Sn0wbreeze 2.9 that is equipped with the capabilities to jailbreak 5.0.1 Untethered on A4 iDevices. Iphone4s and iPad users must be curiously waiting for new jailbreak and their wait is not yet finished because this jailbreak is also not for iPhone 4S and iPad 2. This is compatible with iPhone4, iPhone 3gs, iPod Touch 4, iPod Touch 3 and iPad1.
You can download the new version of Sn0wbreeze by clicking the below link:
I am giving below the words from official Sn0wbreeze blog:
- Happy birthday sn0wbreeze!
- Brought back old firmware support in one release!
- GUI Improvements
- You can now build IPSWs with TinyUmbrella/iFaith blobs!
- Removes OTA Updates/badge on iOS 5.x.x+ devices.
- Added an IPSW Downloader
- Built-in iREB functionality updated from newest iREB r5 module.
- Custom Packages in Expert actually works now.
- All supported firmwares in this release are untethered.
- A5 devices are NOT supported at this time due to no public DFU/iBoot exploit.
You can join my site for updated news on iPhone4s and iPad2 jailbreaking.
Posted in iPhone4S, Jailbreak, Sn0wBreeze, Untethered 5.0.1 Tagged with: 2.9, jailbreak 5.0.1, Released, Sn0wBreeze, untethered
Sn0wBreeze Tethered Jailbreak can be downloaded by using below links and it works for the following idevices.
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS (new bootrom)
- iPod Touch 4G
- iPod Touch 3G
- iPad 1
Sn0wBreeze Untethered Jailbreak works only for iPhone 3GS (old bootrom)
Sn0wBreeze v2.8 b11 for Windows
Posted in Jailbreak, Sn0wBreeze Tagged with: iPhone, jailbreak, Sn0wBreeze, tethered