This is the case many time that you are telling Siri to dial a name but it is not recognizing it properly and giving unusual results. Sometimes you may need to twist the actual contact name so that the pronunciation is understandable to Siri or Voice Control and it can find the correct contact from your contact list. Here I am giving you the very simple way you can tell Siri and Voice Control the alternative phonetic name of your choice for your contacts or you can add nicknames also for contacts.
Below are the steps to Make Siri Recognize Uncommon And Difficult Contact Names:
1. Open the contact you want to modify.
2. Click Edit
3. Scroll down to find “Add Field”
4. Tap the “Phonetic First Name”
5. Give the name of your Choice and tap Done.
6. Similarly you can give the nick name for each contact if you want to be used by Siri for easy recognition.
In one of my previous post I explained that i4Siri is almost ready for release and it will fulfill the demand of iPhone 3gs, iPhone 4, iPad 1 users if they want to run the Siri on their devices. Today i4Siri was finally released for all the users which was previously available for the people who were donating for i4Siri project. The following was stated on the i4Siri Blog
With that, I am happy to say, we will NOT be removing any API access. Limitations will be enforced however. We will be releasing advanced profile management tools, so you can see you usage stats, favorite sayings, and other cool stuff. All of this helps us build a better i4Siri, and helps us give you a better experience.
Below are the steps about How to get i4Siri on non A5 devices
Your device must be jailbroken and running 5.0 or 5.0.1 or 5.1. i4Siri is compatible for iphone4, iphone 3gs, iPad 1, iPad 2 and iPod Touch 4G
1. First you have to install Spire (an installer for Siri) by going to Cydia and searching for Spire. You need to connect to WiFi except on iphone4. The device will reboot after install.
During install you may face errors like “Failed removing file at path: this is due to server error and you can try again. Scroll down and tap Restart Springboard.
2. Now go to Settings –> General –> Siri and turn Siri on.
3. Now go to Settings –> Spire —> input: https://i4sirifree.mooo.com/or https://superbeta.chickenkiller.com in the proxy URL
Download Sara from isoftjsc.com to get Siri on your device. If you wanted to run Siri on your iPhone 4, 3gs, ipod touch or iPad1 and you tried all tweaks and tricks to get Siri on iphonebut unable to get Siri. Don’t worry here comes an other app called Sara which will fulfill your demand of Siri on iphone or Siri on ipod touch. Sara is an app similar to the Siri that can run on any ios device like iphone 3gs, 4, ipod touch 3g/4g and ipad 1.
i4Siri beta is working well and is available to doners, we hope that completed i4siri will be released for free very soon. i4siri can work on 3G data network. The new i4siri supports iphone 3gs, iPad 2, iPhone 4, and iPod Touch 4G. Watch below video for more.
You can visit i4Siri to try the beta version which is working only you need to donate more than 1$ and that it.