Category: How to
If you are a user of iPhone then you will be noticed one thing that you can’t delete several contacts at same time on your iPhone. From the first generation iPhone to the newest iPhone with the newest iOS, the contact feature hasn’t changed yet. For example if you want to delete several contacts at once you can’t delete them. You will delete one by one contact on your iPhone which is too much time wasting. There are many users of iOS devices facing this problem. But now we will tell you how to delete several contacts at once on your iPhone without jailbreaking your device. First of all you will need to install Smart Merge app from the App Store. Smart Merge app is very useful app and for the help of this app you can delete several contacts at same time on your iPhone. Smart Merge app is free of cost but if you want to enjoy more features you can also download the paid version. Below are the few steps for using this app.
Step 1: Launch the Smart Merge app, go to All Contacts tab then tap the Edit icon at the upper right corner.
Step 2: Now select the Contacts you want to delete them and then tap on Trash icon.
Step 3: Now you will be asked that want to delete those contacts you will tap the Delete button
Step 4: If you want to delete all of your Contacts at the same time just follow the step one then after it just tap the check mark icon in the upper right corner, all contacts will be selected. Finally tap the Trash icon and confirm it, your all contacts will be deleted.
Posted in App Reviews, Featured, Free Apps, How to Tagged with: App Store free apps, contacts app, delete several contacts on iPhone, free apps, how to delete several contacts on iPhone, iphone apps, Smart Merge app
Now Mac users can also use their computers to jailbreak iOS 8.1.2 on their devices. PP jailbreak tool is the latest release which can be used to jailbreak your iPhone 6 Plus, 6, 5s, 5c, 5, 4s on iOS 8.0 up to iOS 8.1.2 Jailbreak for Mac.
Here are the steps on how to jailbreak 8.1.2 On Mac
Download PP Jailbreak For Mac
Please make sure that you have backed up your device before you try to jailbreak ios 8.1.2 using the Mac computer because this is important for the situation in which your device stops responding after jailbreak 8.1.2. Although it is not common but you should be careful and understand that jailbreaking may impact the data and apps if errors are faced,
Now double click the dmg file to mount it. Tap Settings from your Springboard then select Touch ID & Passcode. Turn Passcode Off if it is enabled.
Go to Settings => iCloud => Find My iPhone and ensure that Find My iPhone switch is the Off.
Now launch the PP Jailbreak program and connect your iPhone to your computer.
You will see the device is detected by the software with its model and version of iOS. Now uncheck the checkbox at the bottom left of the PP window then click the large button in the middle of window to begin your iOS 8.1.2 jailbreak.
Once you see below screen click the large button to right to confirm you’ve disabled Find My iPhone and Touch ID.
Now you will see the progress status of jailbreak process. Wait until you see below screen with green checkbox. Now your device is jailbroken and Cydia can be used now.
Once the jailbreak for iOS 8.1.2 has completed successfully, you will be shown a green checkmark on the pp tool screen, your iPhone will reboot and a Cydia app will appear on your Springboard. Congratulations, you’re now jailbroken!
Posted in How to, jailbrake, Jailbreak, Jailbreak Downloads, Mac Tagged with: jailbreak 8.1.2, pp jailbreak download
Many of us at least once receive this 3194 error message when we are trying to restore our iPhone in the iTunes during restoring process. It is also obvious that mostly jailbreakers and unlockers are the victims of this error since they might be restoring iPhone for unlock, jailbreak, downgrade or update firmware. At this stage once you receive error 3194 it makes you crazy and troublesome. Message says ” The iPhone “iPhone” could not be restored. An unknown error occured (3194).
Main reason for this iTunes error 3194 is during the firmware restore verification not authorized by Apple or you don’t have the SHSH blobs stored in Cydia.
The error can be avoided by changing the hosts file on your computer. Just follow the below steps if you want to restore your device to an earlier firmware and if your SHSH blobs are stored in Cydia. So basically you will be adding the below line in your hosts file.
Here I have given the ways to find and update your hosts file on different platforms:
- Go to Start => Programs => Accessories => Notepad
- Click File => Open
- Browse to C:WindowsSystem32Driversetc
- Now select All Files (*.*)” from the “Files Type” drop-down menu
- Now you need to select the file named “hosts” and click Open.
- Enter this line without quotation marks “22.214.171.124 gs.apple.com ” . Save and close Notepad.
Microsoft Windows 7 / Vista
- Click Start => All Programs => Accessories.
- Right click “Notepad” and select “Run as administrator”
- Click Yes on the UAC prompt.
- Click File => Open.
- Alter the file filter drop down box from “Text Documents (*.txt)” to “All Files (*.*)”.
- Browse to “C:WindowsSystem32Driversetc”.
- Select “hosts” and click “Open”.
- Enter this line without quotation marks “126.96.36.199 gs.apple.com ” . Save and close Notepad.
Apple OSX 10.4.X Tiger
- Open Terminal (Click Spotlight, or click Command+Space. Now type terminal.)
- In Terminal type, ‘sudo pico /etc/hosts‘, click Enter.
- Put in 188.8.131.52 gs.apple.com.
- Click Ctrl+X, then Y to save.
- Type ’sudo niload -v -m hosts . < /etc/hosts’, click Enter
- Type ‘lookupd -flushcache’, click Enter.
- Apple OS X Snow Leopard & Leopard
- Start Terminal (Click Spotlight, or click Command+Space. Now type terminal.)
- Copy and paste this code into Terminal
- sudo /Applications/TextEdit.app/Contents/MacOS/TextEdit /etc/hosts
- Press Enter
- Enter this line without quotation marks “184.108.40.206 gs.apple.com ” . Save and close Notepad.
- Save by pressing Command+S, click Save.
After completing above steps try to restore again and I hope you will be successful.
If your hosts file contains this line already try to remove and save file and retry restore.
Posted in ERRORS, How to Tagged with: 3194 error, error 3194, error occured (3194), itunes restore error, unlnown error
Although there has been SAM unlock released recently that is working for all idevices and Basebands (as claimed). Still if you need to use alternate iphone 4 unlock method there is the latest release of R-SIM 4 from R-Sim Dev team that works with 04.11.08 and other basebands.
If you need a free unlock you can check this guide on How to unlock with SAM module.
Below I have given few simple steps that you can follow to unlock iPhone using R-SIM 4 unlock.
Before proceeding to unlock you have to jailbreak iPhone 4 if it is not jailbroken. You can visit my tutorial on How to jailbreak iPhone 4 using RedSn0w 0.9.10b8.
It is also recommended to install latest Furious Mod file by adding and installing the repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/Squuiid/ that will help to easily complete the unlock process.
Following are compatible Basebands for R-Sim 4 unlock and it supports iOS 4.1 to 5.1:
Note: As in most cases activation is required for the locked iPhone, the R-SIM IV card is only able to operate in one carrier mode which is set at AT&T by default. In addition the R-SIM 4 has settings for 26 Carriers. Also other Carriers can be set via GET Carrier Code & EDIT IMSI to activate. Go to Sim card application menu and tap Select Carrier and follow the screen selections.
Below are the steps for R-Sim 4 Unlock For jailbroken iPhone 4
- Enter R-Sim 4 with your Sim card into your iPhone and turn it on.
- Connect your iPhone by iTools and iFunbox software and go to Files Managementand find this string: var/root/library/lockdown/
- Erase all files in the lockdown and turn your iPhone off.
- Turn your iPhone on and connect to your computer and launch iTunes and activate.
- After successful activation, erase all files in: var/root/library/lockdown/ using iTools or iFunbox.
- Turn iPhone off and take out R-Sim 4 card and insert only your Sim card.
- Turn iPhone on. Launch iTunes and activate it.
- If it shows something Wrong. Disconnect iPhone from PC and close iTunes. Open iTunes again and connect iPhone again to activate it. Try this again and again. Until you see your phone activated and now it is unlocked by R-Sim 4.
Below are the steps for R-Sim 4 Unlock if iPhone 4 is not jailbroken
- Enter R-Sim 4 and your Sim card into the iPhone.
- Go to Settings => Genaral => Reset => Return to the original condition => wipe out all the contents and settings.
- Connect you iPhone 4 to the computer, launch iTunes to activate it and turn iPhone off.
- Take R-Sim 4 out and put in the phone original Sim card and repeat Step 2.
- Connect to iTunes to activate it. When it shows Wrong, disconnect from iTunes and close it.
- Launch iTunes again and connect iPhone for activation, repeat until your iphone is activated
R-Sim 4 is available here for $19.99.
Posted in How to, Unlock Tagged with: r sim 4, R-SIM 4 Unlock iPhone 4 Baseband 04.11.08, RSIM, rsim4, unlock 04.11.08, unlock iphone 4
In one of my previous post I told about the new unlock solution developed by a Chinese hacker Locktar_Sun. The new SAM unlock is fit for any baseband on iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS running iOS 5, 5.0.1, 5.1. The main thing which you need to note is that SAM unlock works on the principle of one SIM means if you change the SIM you need to unlock again. You can save your unlock tickets using RedSn0w 0.9.10b8, by following this guide which you can use for changing the SIM’s.
Update: 28-April-2012: Apple has patched their activation servers to fix the server-side bug, which the SAM iPhone unlocking method was using therefore it may not work for new unlocks.
Your iphone should be jailbroken before doing this unlock. If you want to unlock just visit this tutorial.
So here are the steps for unlocking SAM procedure:
How to Unlock Any iPhone Baseband Using SAM
Step 1. Open Cydia => Manage => Sources => Edit => Add this repo: http://repo.bingner.com and tap Add source.
Step 2. Now Go to Cydia => Manage => Sourcers => Binger. Find SAM and install it on your iPhone
Step 3. Now find on your homescreen SAMPrefs icon and open it.
Step 4. Go to the Utilities tab and tap De-Activate iPhone option. Make sure that the iPhone is definitely de-activated go back to the main settings menu and tap the More Information tab. Check out the Activation State label and it should show as Unactivated.
Step 5. Go to the main setting menu again and find and tap Method tab where you need to choose your country and carrier in By Country and Carrier option.
Step 6. After choosing your country and carrier tap More information and copy IMSI number (in the SAM Details section) and save it somewhere.
Step 7. Tab “Spoof Real SIM to SAM”
Step 8. Go to main SAM screen find Method tab and select Manual where you need to paste your IMSI number saved in Step 6.
Step 9. Use USB to link iPhone to the computer and use iTunes to re-activate your iPhone. After re-activation, double click the Phone number label found in the middle details pane of iTunes and make sure that ICCID matches that found on the Sim card.
Note: If numbers do not match then start SAM unlock again.
Step 10. Unplug your iPhone, return to SAMPrefs and disable SAM by sliding the Enabled button to the off position. Now re-connect your iPhone to iTunes, you will receive an error that the iPhone can’t be activated. Close and restart iTunes again and again and after some time you will see signal bars on iPhone. Hurray it is now unlocked.
You may face problem in push notification, go to SAM and select Clear Push and then re-connect your iPhone to iTunes.
Posted in How to, Unlock Tagged with: How To Unlock Any iPhone On Any Baseband, SAM unlcok 4.11.08, SAM Unlock, SAM unlock 5.0.1, SAM unlock 5.1, SAM unlock iPhone 4, unlock iphone all baseband
If you have unlocked your iphone it is a good idea to backup your unlock tickets that can be used for continual unlocking of your device on different SIM’s. Below are the step wise instructions on how to backup your iPhone unlock ticket after unlocking with SAM unlock. If you want to unlock your iPhone now you can do it by following this tutorial.
- Launch Cydia from your SpringBoard.
- Choose Sections from the tabs at the bottom of the Cydia screen.
- Select System from the list of available sections.
- Find and Tap iFile from the list of packages.
- Tap Install button at the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap Confirm to begin installation.
- You will see some progress and after the installation is completed, tap Return to Cydia at the bottom
- Tap Home to close Cydia and launch iFile.
- Tap Back at the top left of your screen to navigate to /var
- Choose root from the list of folders in /var.
- Tap to select Library from the list of folders in /var/root.
- Tap Edit at the top right of the screen.
- Choose Lockdown from the list of folders. Then press the zip icon in the bottom tab bar, second from the left.
- Name your archive for easy identification i.e. SIM number etc and Tap Create
- Now the archive is created and you have to email yourself, choose the archive you have created from the list of files and tap mail in the bottom tab bar, third from the right. Put your email ID and tap Send
- Open your email and save the attached file for easy retrieval.
Posted in How to, Unlock Tagged with: Back Up Your iPhone Unlock Ticket, SAM unlock iPhone, Unlock iPhone 4S
You can jailbreak iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G/4G, iPad 1 and iPad 2 by using the latest version of RedSn0w 0.9.10b8. The latest version is the improved one and provides extra feature of backing up your activation tickets. Also it provides Corona jailbreak for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 if these are running 5.0.1. The new version of RedSn0w can be used to re-install the jailbreak for those who accidentally uninstalled the untether. When stitching an IPSW, it can now grab your blobs directly from Cydia. It now shows a lot more info about your device (for instance, whether your iPhone 3G has the vulnerable baseband boot loader, or whether your iPhone3GS has the old exploitable bootrom.
RedSn0w 0.9.10b8 jailbreak is:
- tethered for iPhone 4S and iPad 2 on iOS 5.0.1, if these devices are running 5.1 then it can not be jailbroken.
- tethered for all other devices if they are running ios 5.1 except iPhone 3gs with old bootrom
- untethered for all devices (except iphone 4S and iPad 2) if they are running ios 5.0.1 or older versions
How to jailbreak iPhone 4S, iPhone 4/3gs, iPod Touch and iPad 1/2
Step 1: Download latest version of RedSn0w 0.9.10b8 Windows Mac . Now extract the zip file on your desktop or other folder as you wish.
Step 2: Double click the RedSn0w.exe file to run or right click and Run as Administrator.
Step 3: There are two options Jailbreak and Extras. Click Jailbreak (Jailbreak and Install Cydia).
Step 4: You will see the below screen. There are two sections first about iPhone 4S and iPad 2, so if you have iPhone 4S and iPad 2 you can just go to next step without turning your device off. For all other devices you have to plug your device to your computer and turn it off. You can see the status of your iPhone at the bottom of this screen. Read this whole screen carefully before pressing Next. If you are not following the instructions the Next button will remain disabled.
Note: Before clicking next make sure your computer is connected to the internet.
Step 5: Refer to below image now you have to put your device in DFU (direct firmware update) mode, by following the screen instructions. If you are unsuccessful and there is an error message (your iphone turns on), just relax and keep the computer screen as it is. Press and Hold both power and Home buttons until your iphone turns off and turns ON, Now release power button and keep holding Home button untill you will see some progress activity on computer (RedSn0w) screen.
You will see progress on your computer program and will reach to a selection screen as mentioned in next step.
Step 6: By default install Cydia is selected just press Next. You will see different messages on RedSn0w screen with progress bars. Finally a screen saying “The rest of this process takes place on your device”. Now you will see the RedSn0w icon on your device with progress bar and then black screen with white text lines moving up. It may take some time but your device will reboot and become normal. Now it is jailbroken, but wait ! Read the last step carefully.
Step 7: Now your device is jailbroken untethered or tethered, so it is time to boot tethered if it is tethered jailbroken. How you know it is tethered or untethered. Very simple just run Cydia or Safari if it runs normally you are lucky you got the untethered jailbreak and if these two programs just run and stop it means you need next step.
Step 8: Boot Tethered
Run the RedSn0w program and from the main screen select the second option “Extras” Then Select “Just Boot“. Now you have complete the steps 4 and 5 to put your device in DFU mode. Once the device goes in DFU mode remaining process will complete itself and your device will reboot. Now you have tethered jailbreak installed. Open Cydia and start using jailbreak apps.
Posted in How to, jailbrake, Jailbreak, Jailbreak Downloads, RedSn0w Tagged with: 5.0.1, 5.1 jailbreak, how to jailbreak 5.1, ipad jailbreak 3g, iphone 4s, iphone 4s jailbreak 5.1, ipod touch jailbreak, jailbreak 5.1 untethered, jailbreak ipod touch, Jailbreak iTouch, jailbreak me, jailbreak me 5.1, jailbreak me 5.1.1, jailbreakme 5.1, jailbreakme 5.1.1, JailbreakMe iPhone 4S, RedSn0w, RedSn0w 0.9.10b8 jailbreak, redsnow
If you want to jailbreak iphone 4s 5.1 the below jailbreak information is for you and you have to read very carefully before going for jailbreak 5.1 untethered or tethered, the iPhone 4S 5.1 jailbreak has not yet been officially released by reliable sources, and the jailbreak available for the time being is tethered (some people are trying for iphone 4s also and you can try but after making backup of your device and saving SHSH blobs).
There is one website that is claiming iPhone 4S 5.1 untethered jailbreak which is xpoison, I tried to open the download links but these seem to be broken. I don’t know if someone has got xpoison 5.1 iPhone 4S jailbreak or not. You can check this video. The video title is Xpois0n RC 2.0 Untethered Jailbreak iOS 5.1 for A4, A5, A5X Devices. Since I suspect this site therefor I am not giving direct link here but you can go to http://Xpois0n.blogspot.com.
The 5.1 jailbreak guide given below is for ios 5.1 and 5.0.1 tethered jailbreak and is compatible with iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS, iPad 1, iPod Touch 4G, 3G using latest version of RedSn0w 0.9.10b6. I have given below the download links for redsnow 0.9.10b6 and complete step wise guide to jailbreak iPhone 4s, untethered jailbreak iPhone 3GS 5.1, untethered jailbreak iPod touch 4G 5.1 , jailbreak iPod Touch 3G 5.1 and iPad 2 5.1 jailbreak.
Before continuing you have to note that:
- This is a *tethered* 5.1 jailbreak for non-A5 devices (i.e. other than iPhone 4S, iPad 2&3) that means each time you need to reboot your idevice you will need to use redsn0w and select the option of “Just Boot” as mentioned in below jailbreak tutorial. Otherwise your Safari and Cydia apps will not work/launch.
- Similarly If you want to use ultrasn0w for your carrier unlock, be sure to use a custom IPSW to update to 5.1 first. You have to use redsn0w for generating custome ipsw “Custom IPSW”.
- This jailbreak will become automatically untethered if your device has old-bootrom i.e. 3GS.
- iBooks is not working until next update of redsn0w is released
Below steps are very simple to jailbreak iPhone 4 on ios 5.0.1 and are also compatible with iPhone 3gs, ipod touch and ipad 1 on iOS 5.1 by using the latest version of RedSn0w 0.9.10b6.
Below are the steps on How to jailbreak 5.0.1 / 5.1
Important Note: This jailbreak is not for iPhone 4S jailbreak, iPad 2 or iPad 3 jailbreak if these are running ios 5.1 otherwise if they are running ios 5.0.1 then it is OK.
Step 1: Download latest version of RedSn0w 0.9.10b6 by Clicking Here for Windows and Here for Mac.
Step 2: Extract the zip file and run the RedSn0w.exe file to start the redsn0w jailbreak process.
Step 3: There are two buttons “Extras” and “Jailbreak”, click Jailbreak to jailbreak and install Cydia
Step 4: Follow the instructions given on Next screen and put your device in DFU mode. Press Next.
Step 5: Follow the screen instructions to put your device in DFU mode. RedSn0w will detect iPhone 4 and start installation of jailbreak and select “Install Cydia” when asked. (If not you can follow steps to put your device in DFU mode as instructed by clicking Next in previous step again). Close RedSn0w.
Step 6: Boot Tethered your iPhone 4: Restart RedSn0w by double clicking the exe file.
Go to Extra option and click “Just Boot”
Your iphone 4 will restart and now it is jailbroken tethered.
Note: This is a tethered jailbreak and if you need to reboot your iPhone you need to do step 6 each time therefore you need computer to reboot your iPhone4.
Subscribe to my blog so that I can update you whenever the untethered jailbreak for iPhone 4 is available.
Most popular search terms for this guide:
jailbreak 5.1 untethered, Jailbreak iPhone 4s 5.1, iphone 4s 5.1 jailbreak, jailbreak ios 5.1 untethered, ios 5.1 untethered jailbreak, untethered jailbreak ios 5.1, jailbreak iphone 4s 5.1 untethered, iphone 4s jailbreak 5.1, ios 5.1 jailbreak untethered, untethered jailbreak ios 5.1 iphone 4, iphone 4s ios 5.1 jailbreak, jailbreak iphone 4 5.1 untethered, jailbreak ios 5, jailbreak 5.1, 5.1 untethered, ios 5.1 untethered, untethered 5.1 ios
Posted in How to, iPad 2, iPhone4S, jailbrake, Jailbreak, Jailbreak Downloads Tagged with: 5.1 untethered, ios 5.1 jailbreak untethered, ios 5.1 untethered, ios 5.1 untethered jailbreak, iphone 4s 5.1 jailbreak, iphone 4s ios 5.1 jailbreak, iphone 4s jailbreak 5.1, jailbreak 5.1, jailbreak 5.1 untethered, jailbreak ios 5, jailbreak ios 5.1 untethered, jailbreak iphone 4 5.1 untethered, jailbreak iphone 4s 5.1, jailbreak iphone 4s 5.1 untethered, untethered 5.1 ios, untethered jailbreak ios 5.1, untethered jailbreak ios 5.1 iphone 4, Xpois0n RC 2.0 Untethered Jailbreak, xpoison 5.1 jailbreak
As I mentioned in one of my previous post that the Apple has released an update to fix the Flashbakc trojan problem. So it is recommended to update your Mac. Even though if you want to check whether your Mac is still infected by Flashback trojan or not just follow below steps:
- Run the Terminal app on your Mac either by selecting it from the Applications folder or pressing CMD + Space and searching for Terminal. Type the following command into the terminal app: defaults read /Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Info LSEnvironment
- Terminal will return information back to you based on the entered text. Make a note of the value DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES
- If Terminal returns an error similar to “The domain/default pair of (/Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Info, LSEnvironment) does not exist” then check out the next step below.
- If the command in step 2 produced an error message then enter the following command directly into the Terminal app: defaults read ~/.MacOSX/environment DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES
- If any results are returned then take note of them. If Terminal produces an error similar to “The domain/default pair of (/Users/paul/.MacOSX/environment, DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES) does not exist” then it means you are not affected by Flashbakc Trojan.
- If running the commands listed in step 2 or step 5 produce any variant of the ‘does not exist’ error message then it means your Mac is not affected. However, if the commands actually return any results then head on over to the F-Secure information page in order to find out how to get rid of this malware.
Posted in How to, Tips & Tricks Tagged with: flashback trojan, Is Your Mac Affected By Flashback Virus?