Touchpad Android App
Now you can control your Windows computer using your Android device replacing the mouse function. Touchpad is available free on Google-play and is a free Android app to enable you to control your windows computer from your Android device. It provides a simple multitouch touchpad interface to control the mouse, and accepts keystrokes from the keyboard on your device to send to your computer.
How it works:
You have to install the Touchpad app on both your computer and your device if you want to use Touchpad. For installing the app on computer you can download from direct link and to install on your Android device you can visit Google Play Link and install the app.
Some of the features of Touchpad are mentioned below and you can visit official developer’s site for more details:
- Full remote control over the mouse left and right buttons from your Android device: drag n’ drop, double clicking, and right clicking functionality is readily accessible – with multitouch!
- Keyboard support allows typing on the remotely controlled computer.
- Media controls for easy control over media playback.
- Web browser controls for easy browser navigation.
- Automatically find servers from your device to make connecting to your computer simple and painless.
- Clean, minimalist design.
- Completely free and contains absolutely no ads!
Touchpad uses the following Network Communication permissions:
– Full Internet Access for communicating with the remote computer.
– View Wi-Fi State to search for computers on your network.
Posted in Android, App Reviews Tagged with: android apps, Convert Your Android Device Into A Virtual Mouse, touchpad app review
As mentioned in the below tutorial you can root or jailbreak HTC One S by using the Superboot rooting tool running on Android Ice Cream Sandwich. Superboot is a good software to root your device that is provided by PaulObrien of the MoDaCo forums. In case you want more information or you face errors during or after the HTC One S root you can visit their forum for technical support. You also need to note that jailbreakstation is not responsible for any damages or loss of data caused by using Superboot. Use this tutorial on your own risk please.
Note: Rooting your phone will void your manufacturer’s warranty.
- Fully charged battery or at least 70% battery left.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone by heading to Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging. Make sure that there is a check mark beside that option.
- Before starting the rooting, temporarily disable all antivirus applications on your computer as they may interrupt the rooting process.
Below are the simple steps on How to Root HTC One S on Android Ice Cream Sandwich
Step 1: Download the Superboot software from below links:
- Download Superboot For Windows
- Download Superboot For Mac
- Download Superboot For Linux
These are zip files so after download unzip/extract the files on your desktop or any other folder.
Step 2: Put your phone in bootloader mode: Bootloader mode will allow you to modify software on your HTC phone, so we will use this mode to root your HTC One S phone. Below are the steps:
- Turn Off your phone, and turn it back on by pressing and releasing power button and while holding down the “volume down” button.
- Now while holding the volume down button press the power button again to enter fastboot mode.
Step 3: Run the Superboot program:
- Connect your HTC One S to computer with the USB cable.
- Windows Users: Just double click to open the ‘install-superboot-windows.bat’ file and your device will be rooted within moments.
- Mac or Linux Users: Open terminal window to the directory you extracted the file to. I extracted my files on my desktop so I put below command in the terminal window. You need to change jailbreakstation by your username: cd /users/jailbreakstation/Desktop/r3-ville-superboot
- For Mac users run the command ‘chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh’ followed by ‘./install-superboot-mac.sh’
- For Linux users run the command type ‘chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh’ followed by ‘./install-superboot-linux.sh’
Once the command is run successfully your HTC One S is Now rooted. In case you face errors or any issues with the Superboot software, you must visit the original MoDaCo and XDA-developers forum thread.
Share your experience on jailbreak HTC One S using this tutorial. If this tutorial needs improvement please let me know in comments section.
Once your device is rooted you would be interested in Important Android Apps For Rooted Android Phones
Posted in Android, HTC, Root Tagged with: HTC root, jailbreak HTC One S, root htc one s, Superboot HTC, Superboot HTC One, Superboot rooting tool
Many times you may face the error message that your Android device is not compatible or certified for certain apps which you wanted to install. This is frustrating specially when you purchased a new Android phone or tablet and anxious to install some basic apps like Skype, Yahoo and FacBook etc. Here I am giving the tweak which you can check if it works for your device or not.
- First of all clear data from Settings > Applications > All > Market
- Download and install ES File Explorer by clicking this link: ES File Explorer
- Launch ES File Explorer.
- Go to Settings > Root Settings and enable both Root Explorer and Mount File System.
- Browse to /system. Here you will find the build.prop file which we are going to modify.
- Take a backup of build.prop by copying and pasting it to your SD card also note down the lines which we will edit in next steps.
7. Tap on build.prop > ES Note Editor. Now you have to make the changes to these two lines:
8. Change the above line as with below lines:
- ro.product.model = Nexus S
- ro.product.manufacturer = samsung
Note: You can actually change this for any other device as well, by the way. We chose the Nexus S because it is the most supported phone.
9. You have almost done, after editing hit the menu button and tap Save.
Try to install the new app which was not compatible before this tweak.
Posted in Android, App Reviews, How to
XDA senior member pokey9000 has released custom bootloader named FireFireFire for Kindle Fire, which includes more enhanced functionality as compare to the original Kindle Fire bootloader. FireFireFire is a custom bootloader originally developed by XDA Senior Memberpokey9000, which offers increased functionality over the stock bootloader in 3 ways:
- Allows you to access recovery mode by simply pressing the power button again after the device begins to boot, thus negating the need for cumbersome button combinations.
- Automatically enables fastboot when the device is powered on, eliminating the need for idme bootmode, special cables or the command required by the stock bootloader on every run of fastboot.
- Use FireFireFire to repartition the devices memory and fix a bricked device when used in conjunction with ReKindle. (Be warned though thatthe method involves some AdamOutler style tinkering with the internals of your device)
For More details and Download Click below link:
FireFireFire Custom Bootloader for Kindle Fire
Posted in Android Tagged with: Custom Bootloader, FireFireFire, KindleFire, pokey9000
If you love iPhone or iPad or iPod springboard style but you don’t have an idevice, you can experience the same feel like iOS springboard if you have an Android smart phone or tablet with Android 2.2 and above version.
A new Android app Espier launcher HD is a tablet PC desktop software developed by Weibo.com which is compatible with Android 2.2 or above version and it brings you the new Android operating experience. You can customize your desktop like iPhone icons on springboard, it is easy to operate shortcut icons, folders, and function switches. You can manage multi task and uninstall programs conveniently. Also the natural gestures operation gives you smooth and fluent user experience.
Once you have installed the Espire launcher your Android tablet’s desktop will look like it is running iOS and your tablet will be working exactly the same way like and iPad works i.e. scrolling up to reveal the app switcher and swiping left to see the search etc.
This app is free to download and you can also visit the Espier launcher official microblog at http://weibo.com/espier
Download Espier Launcher HD Free
Posted in Android, App Reviews, How to, TWEAKS Tagged with: android, android apps, Convert Android Desktop to iOS Springboard, Espire Launcher HD, free apps
If you are new to Android phones you may not know much about rooting, if you know about the jailbreak then it is easy for you to understand rooting. Rooting an android device is process of getting access to the root of the device similar to jailbreaking an iPhone, iPod or iPad. After rooting an Android phone you can get access to the root drive and you can install most useful Android apps which you are unable to access without jailbreak or root and also you can install custom versions of the Android operating system. Also this has to be noted that rooting an Android phone and installing a custom ROM are two different processes i.e custom ROMs offer lot of features not available direct from the manufacturer.
I am mentioning below some of the important apps you must install after rooting your Android phone.
SuperUser is first mandatory app that must be installed immediately after you root your phone. Normally it is installed by your rooting software but if not you should install SuperUser. Superuser app grants and manages Superuser rights for your phone, with Superuser installed, if any app needs root privilege to run it will ask permission and an information pop-up window will display with the option to grant the app privileges. Superuser can be downloaded from Here.
AdFree is another app for rooted phones that removes most ads in the browser and other apps. Most of the free apps are containing ads because developers need funds for updates and developments. AdFree stops ads by nullifying requests to known host names in the system hosts file. If you have problems with this app, or you know of additional host names not being filtered, please comment in xda-developers.com forum so it can be fixed! You can download AdFree by clicking Here.
SSH Tunnel provides secure connection to the internet by providing SSH tunneling for the entire system or individual apps. One of the purpose of SSH app is to allow users in China to bypass “the Great Firewall” but it can be used by anyone to ensure private browsing. You can download SSH Tunnel by Clicking Here
Posted in Android, Root, Tips & Tricks Tagged with: adfree android app, android apps, android root, android rooting, android superuser, androis ssh, installing a custom ROM, root android, rooting, ssh tunnelling android, superuser android
Below steps can help you root or jailbreak Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 on Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread. The guide is very simple and you can easily root Galaxy Y running the Android version 2.3.5 . I have also given the list of common errors which are faced with rooted Samsung Galaxy Y reported by many blog readers after rooting.
- Rooting voids the warranty, though can be regained by updating with the default firmware.
- You have to follow the instructions carefully other wise you may brick your phone.
- Before proceeding to root make a full backup of your data.
Disclaimer: Jailbreakstation is not responsible for any damage or loss of data due to following our tutorials on our website.
How To Root / Unlock /Jailbreak Galaxy Y GT-S5360
- First of all Unzip Utility App so that during Recovery Mode, Update.zip file is easily accessible, so download ES File Exchanger from Android Market and install it.
- Now download Update.zip file on your computer by clicking this download link.
- Connect Samsung Galaxy Y your computer and copy the update.zip on SD card of the phone.
- Disconnect the phone from computer and shut it down.
- Put the Galaxy Y in recovery mode by doing as mentioned: (Press and hold Home Button, Volume Up button and Power Button for 20 Seconds and your device will go in Recovery Mode)
- While in the recovery mode select option “Update from SD Card”
- Browse and locate the Update.zip file which you copies in third step and press home button, the rooting process will be initiated and your mobile will be rooted.
- Reboot and Galaxy Y is now rooted….Enjoy!
- After rooting download BusyBox app and Install it to use.
Bugs/Errors in Gingerbread 2.3.5 in Galaxy Y GT-S5360
I have given below some errors and bugs which are faced usually in every Galaxy Y GT-S5360 after it is rooted, and these can be recovered by simply rebooting your device (till now this solution is available). The common root errors are:
- WiFi does not respond, either stucks at ON or OFF position
- GPS stops responding
- Video Streaming suddenly stops
- Downloading stops suddenly
- Device forces to close any running application
- Latitude suddenly starts syncing and showing Check Ins
Posted in Android, How to, Root, Samsung Galaxy, Tips & Tricks, Unlock Tagged with: android, cell, Cell phone, Downloading stops suddenly, Galaxy Y, Gingerbread 2.3.5, GPS stops responding, How To Jailbreak Galaxy Y GT-S5360, How To Root / Unlock /Jailbreak Galaxy Y GT-S5360, How To Root Galaxy Y GT-S5360, jailbreak galaxy y, Jailbreak Galaxy Y GT-S5360, Latitude suddenly starts syncing and showing Check Ins, root, root galaxy y, Root Galaxy Y GT-S5360, Rooting Guide, samsung, Samsung Galaxy, Smart Phone, Tutorials, unlock galaxy y, Unlock Galaxy Y GT-S5360, WiFi does not respond
You can jailbreak or root Samsung Galaxy S2 running Ice Cream Sandwich ICS 4.0.3. by following the below mentioned stepwise guide on “How to Root Samsung Galaxy”
Samsung Galaxy S2 Rooting on ICS 4.0.3
Step 1: Update / Flashing via ICS 4.0.3.
- Download ICS 4.0.3 on your computer for Samsung Galaxy S2 by clicking here.
- Extract the zip files by using the password “samfirmware.com”
- Now paste the file ICS 4.0.3 file in the SD Card.
- Put your device in Download Mode
- Connect your device with your computer using the USB cable.
- Now after going on ODin click on the button mentioned here under:
Now click on the option Flash Samsung Galaxy S2 with ICS 4.0.3 firmware. After some steps followed on the screen, Device will reboot and you will find your device updated on ICS 4.0.3
Steps 2: Samsung Galaxy Jailbreak / Root Process.
- First Download on your computer the Root file from here.
- Extract the files and copy them on on SD Card.
- Now again put your device on Download Mode and connect your device with PC via USB.
- After that go in ODin and click on PDA and select the download file and click on Start.
- After processing few steps device will reboot and now Galaxy S2 on ICS 4.0.3 is fully rooted.
Posted in Android, Jailbreak, Root, Samsung Galaxy Tagged with: download mode, Flashing via ICS 4.0.3, Galaxy S2 on ICS 4.0.3, Ice Cream Sandwich ICS 4, Jailbreak or Root Samsung Galaxy, root, rooting
CyanogenMod is the one of the most popular custom ROMS for Android phones. This was announced by CyanogenMod recently that CyanogenMod 7.2.0 RC1 has finally reached the release candidate stage, that can be downloaded from the given CM 7.2 download links.
It was stated on their website:
” We’ve been delaying it for too long, mostly because new devices kept being submitted to us, and now we feel that at
69 70 devices, CM7.2 is more than ready for everybody to enjoy.”
If you know more about Android you must know that CyanogenMod 7.2-RC1 is based on Android 2.3.7 and it is compatible with 70 devices, which is 20 devices more than cyanogenmod 7.1 supported.
It is also to be noted that this recent update has added few back ported features and fixes from Android 4.0 i.e. assorted WiFi fixes, lock-screen updates, improved Calendar reminder options and more. For more detail and see the changelog you can visit CyanogenMod 7.2-RC1 official website where it was announced on 18-Mar-2012.
You can download CM 7.2 RC1 from Here
The list of devices supported by CM 7.2 is also given on above website which I am copying here for your reference. The new release files have a slightly modified naming-scheme, including the code name instead of the commercial/common name in the file name. So the following is a handy “translation chart” to make sure you don’t mis-identify your device:
- ace – HTC Desire HD / Inspire 4G
- anzu – SE XperiaArc-LT15i
- blade – ZTE Blade
- bravoc – HTC Desire CDMA
- bravo – HTC Desire
- buzz – HTC Wildfire
- c660 – LG Optimus Pro
- captivatemtd – Samsung Captivate
- click – HTC Tattoo
- coconut – SE LiveWithWalkman-WT19i
- cooper – Samsung GalaxyAce
- crespo4g – Google Nexus S 4G
- crespo – Google Nexus S
- desirec – Droid Eris
- droid2 – Motorola DROID2
- droid2we – Motorola DROID2 World Edition
- e510 – LG Optimus Hub
- e730 – LG Optimus Sol
- e739 – T-Mobile LG myTouch
- encore – Barnes&Noble Nook Color
- epicmtd – Samsung Epic 4G
- espresso – HTC myTouch 3G Slide
- fascinatemtd – Samsung Fascinate
- galaxys2att – Samsung Galaxy S2 ATT
- galaxys2 – Samsung Galaxy S2
- galaxysbmtd – Samsung GalaxyS_B
- galaxysmtd – Samsung GalaxyS
- glacier – T-Mobile myTouch 4G / HTC Glacier
- hallon – SE XperiaNeo-MT15i
- heroc – HTC Hero CDMA
- hero – HTC Hero
- inc – Droid Incredible
- iyokan – SE XperiaPro-MK16i
- jordan – Motorola Defy
- legend – HTC Legend
- liberty – HTC Aria
- mango – SE XperiaMiniPro-SK17i
- mesmerizemtd – Samsung Mesmerize
- morrison – Motorola Cliq
- motus – Motorola Backflip
- olympus – Motorola Atrix
- one – Geeksphone ONE
- p500 – LG Optimus One
- p920 – LG Optimus 3D
- p925 – LG ATT Thrill
- p970 – LG Optimus Black
- p990 – LG Optimus 2X
- p999 – T-Mobile G2x
- passion – Google Nexus One
- saga – HTC Desire S
- satsuma – SE XperiaActive-ST17i
- shadow – Motorola Droid X
- sholes – Motorola Droid
- showcasemtd – Samsung Showcase
- smultron – SE XperiaMini-ST15i
- speedy – HTC Evo Shift
- supersonic – HTC Evo
- tass – Samsung GalaxyMini
- u8220 – Huawei U8220
- urushi – SE XperiaRay-ST18i
- v9 – ZTE V9
- vega – Advent Vega
- vibrantmtd – Samsung Vibrant
- vision – T-Mobile G2 / HTC Desire Z
- vivo – Droid Incredible S
- vivow – Droid Incredible 2
- zeppelin – Motorola CliqXT
- zero – Geeksphone ZERO
- zeusc – SE Xperia Play CDMA-R800x
- zeus – SE Xperia Play -R800i
Posted in Android Tagged with: 7.2, candidate release, CM, CM 7.2 translation chart, CM android 7.2, Cyanogen, CyanogenMod, CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC1, CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC1 Release Candidate Download CM 7.2