All about Booting Mac in Safe Mode:
- Restart your Mac from the beginning.
- Right at the moment you hear start up tone, press and hold the shift key. (do not hit shift before the start up tone)
- Release the key when you have spinning wheel in front of you on your screen below the apple logo. And your Mac is in safe mode now.
Now we need to know about things our Mac does in safe mode which are:
- No start up items or login items would open automatically.
- User-installed fonts would be disabled.
- Deletes all kind of caches.
- If required, it will try to repair directory issues automatically.
- If in doubt that whether your Mac is in safe mode or not, you can check it in 3 ways.
- Your menu bar will read “Safe Mode”.
- Your Mac’s overall performance will be slower. Graphics would no longer be as efficient as before. Also, your screen might rupture while activities like login process etc.
- Numerous OS X features might not be available to you.
In some situations, starting up your Mac in safe mode is NOT a good option. What are these situations ?
- If a particular app isn’t working properly
- Our Mac is too slow.
- Any directory issues
- Incomplete start-ups.
This is all basic and necessary knowledge regarding your safe Mode in your Mac. Hopefully it is going to help every Mac user.