Many people like you are searching absinthe jailbreak for ipod touch in order to jailbreak their ipod touch devices. There is already a very easy and straight forward jailbreak available for ipod touch which you can download very easily and it is working with all ipod touch 3/4 devices. You can jailbreak ipod touch by following the steps below:
Steps to jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 over iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
1. Check the version of your device go to settings —> General —-> About and version it should be 5.0.1 if it is not update your device with iOS 5.0.1.
Click here to download ios 5.0.1.
2. Download RedSn0w 0.9.10b3 on your computer.
3. Unzip/extract the RedSn0w downloaded file and open the folder (see below screen). Double click RedSn0w.exe executable file:
4. RedSn0w will run and you will see following screen on your computer.
5. Now Click “Jailbreak and Install Cydia”
6. Now connect your iDevice with the computer and turn it off by pushing power button and sliding to power off. you need to put your device in DFU mode, before pressing the Next button on next screen make sure your device is turned off and plugged into your computer.
7. Now you have to do the following steps as shown on screen shot. Do whenever these are highlighted while processing.
- Hold Down the Power button for 1 second.
- Without releasing the power button press and hold the Home button (bottom center) for 10 seconds.
- Without releasing the Home button release the power button but keep holding the Home button for 15 seconds.
- Press and hold both Power and Home buttons and count 1-10 normally (even if device is On).
- Release Power button and keep Home button pressed until you see any activty on computer screen. Repeat same if no activity observed.
8. Now you will see next screen to install Cydia select the first option “Install Cydia” and click Next. You can select other options also if you need.
9. After the RedSn0w installation is completed you will get a done message. Congratulations Your device is now jailbroken.
If this tutorial works for you please give comments and share with your friends. Subscribe to our updates for keeping yourself updated on jailbreaking and Apple updates.
If you face errors write in comments i shall answer and get back again.
What is jailbreaking?
Jailbreaking is a process of removing the restrictions Apple has forced on iDevices (iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad) gain root access. Mostly jailbreaking is done by installing an application RedSn0w that installs Cydia which acts same as app store in Apple. Users can customize their apps, tweeks, themes, and things not possible in the Apple App Store.